Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering leasing my Coupe. That being said, I am a person that likes to modify cars. Is there a list of bolt ons that anyone can remember or compile for a 2015 3.8 v-6 manual that people would recommend that could be done and "put back" when turned in. Or should I just consider leaving it 100% stock?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Leave stock if you're under lease. Not worth the hassle or potential troubles that could arise from modifying the car. Very risky, imo.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I leased my 2015 rspec and I've done a few light mods. I've got an intake, cat back exhaust, and short shifter. I still plan to keep the car at the end of the lease. The lease I'm on is pretty expensive though so when the lease is up I can buy the car for 14k. Would be kind of silly to turn the car in I think. Even if I don't want it I'm pretty sure I could buy it and sell it on my own or even trade it in for more than 14k. There aren't a lot of easily reversible mods that add power to the v6. A tune would be great but even with a second ecu it makes me a bit nervous. If the car is still healthy when the lease is up I may consider a canned tune and other mods more seriously. Until then tires and wheels are the only other thing I plan to mess with.

Personally if I was on a better lease with a cheaper monthly and more expensive buyout at the end I probably would have held off on the mods I have.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I wouldn't touch the car at all unless I fully committed to buy it at the end of my lease. Wheels/tires is about all I'd do. Leased a '10 3.8 that I left bone-stock because I knew I wanted to purchase a new one at the end of my lease. My '13 is modded with more mods on the way because I own it and decided to probably never sell it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts