Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is with this new Hyundai grey touch up paint? It comes in a 2 paint compartment tube: one with a brush, the other with a pen point. The paint does not match the factory paint! The brush paint is too light while the pen point is very dark grey, almost black! I paid the Hyundai dealer $26. for this touch up tube and the paint does not come close to matching the original factory paint on the car body (2010 Nord grey.) (I shook the tube thoroughly before applying, too..) :mad:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks for the suggestion. I might just try that, but I remain P.O.'d that Hyundai itself greatly dropped the ball on their very own labeled touch up paint. :mad2:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would suggest getting a Dr color chip repair kit, just give them your paint code, ive had good luck with them.
I may have to do this. I've got a few nasty scratches I want to get rid of.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I bought the Dr Color Chip kit for my previous car (Hyundai Tiburon) and the color was spot on. Application was super easy and paint held up.
Only problem is the kit is kinda expensive but definitely worth it for small scratches and rock chips.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts