Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've been using this page as a valuable resource for quite some time with answers to pretty much every issue I've wondered, or had the idea I should look into for future reference, but I have run into something I haven't been able to diagnose and am hoping I can find some clarity on before needing to bring it into the dealership and be forced to their costs.

I've attached a video of the sound that has come up very recently, oil has been changed religiously at 3k with synthetic, all necessary components have been replaced as far as I'm aware, grabbed it at 98k, 3rd owner, has a long list of service records as well.

With all of that being said, I can't quite locate where it would be coming from, maybe the muffler area? But I'm unsure.

Any clarification and info on repairs would be much appreciated.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I actually can't seem to attach video so if someone has any ideas on how I could link that, shoot it out for sure.

The noise is almost a whining, airy sound, it will disappear at first ignition and idle and after about 10-15 min it comes on slightly and grows to a constant wind sound. Doesn't go away. Not sure what it could be.

·
Registered
2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 6MT - Silverstone
553 Posts
You can paste the video in or add it with the paperclip.
Alternatively
Paste a link to the video or add it with the chain link.

·
Premium Member
16,129 Posts
have to post it on a video hosting site, like youtube.

copy/paste the link in a post.

Only pics are allowed to be directly posted on the forums.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
have to post it on a video hosting site, like youtube.

copy/paste the link in a post.

Only pics are allowed to be directly posted on the forums.
It's weird because it went away.. just doesn't make the noise anymore. Extremely odd. Now I'm dealing with a radiator fan that stays on after shutoff and I'm reading and believe it's something with the relays so I'll have to get it in about that, still unsure about the noise unfortunately.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts