Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im from new york city. I am looking forward to buying a genesis coupe within the next 3 to 4 months. So why not join a forum that does what i do...talk all about the genesis =) im having a hard time deciding which model to choose. (the 3.8 or 2.0t) i know theres a lot of debating and looking for feedback from people who have driven both. I like the 3.8 for the fact it has 310 hp right off the start and i like he 2.0t because the turbo upgrade with the gt3071r isnt expensive and can produce 450hp.
Thanks,
david

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
whats up bro i m from li, and the v6 has 310 at the crank and around 260 at the wheels.u dump about 3k into the 2.0 which is still cheaper then the 6 and your faster:).all i have is a tune, short ram intake and exhaust i took on a v6 with a tune and we were neck and neck till about 80 n he pulled a little once i do my intercooler u can say bye bye 6 lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wassup neighbor lol...yea the only problem i could think of with the 2.0t is what should be upgraded internally and what not to support the power also that most likely the warranty will be voided from what i have been reading and the 10 year warranty would be useless lol...did they come out with a turbo/supercharger kit for the v6 yet? and btw sur car is sick

·
Registered
107 Posts
welcome , bronx here. i see you don't have your car yet there suppose to be a big meet up this weekend, you'll catch the next one:D

hope you make the right: decision on which version you want to get. Either way you'll love it:D:D

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
wassup neighbor lol...yea the only problem i could think of with the 2.0t is what should be upgraded internally and what not to support the power also that most likely the warranty will be voided from what i have been reading and the 10 year warranty would be useless lol...did they come out with a turbo/supercharger kit for the v6 yet? and btw sur car is sick
A boosted V6 will own most 2.0Ts but you're going to be spending $7K-$10K to do it properly. $4000 invested in the 2.0T will get you to 300+whp without worrying about internals and you'll have more than enough power to run most if not all bolt on V6's/350's/G35/G37/370Z's.

·
Nick - I <3 MY GC
49 Posts
WELCOME!! Queens here, hopefully you can decide soon bc we need more city gens lol GL with ur decision. :hello:

welcome , bronx here. i see you don't have your car yet there suppose to be a big meet up this weekend, you'll catch the next one:D

hope you make the right: decision on which version you want to get. Either way you'll love it:D:D
Big meet up? lol where and when? and strictly gens only?

·
Nick - I <3 MY GC
49 Posts
Wahhoo!!:eek: u need to get a gen ASAP. im live in glendale!! right by stop and shop on myrtle avenue. :D:D

·
Registered
169 Posts
I SHOULD have gotten a a V6. Or the at the very least a 2.0T R-Spec/Track.

I wish I joined this (and other) forums before I purchased the car. Take your time, search/read all around this forum, you will find it extremely helpful and the info you gain on this site will make the decision for you.

I don't regret my base purchase though as the look of the car is basically same (which is the best part of this car IMO).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yea...ive been reading and i like both engines but the power capabilities are better with the 2.0 and most mods for the gen are in the 2.0

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
btw is the a sight for the reflash price and specs of the 2.0t? i tried looking on sfr and there is no info on reflashing

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts
Howdy and welcome!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts