Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I was told to come over here and post! I'm totally excited, I'm buying a 2012 GenCoupe when it comes out. Been a huge Genesis Coupe fan since they came out. Really, the only inexpensive sports car worth buying in my opinion, it's the whole package.

So, how active is the PNW area for drives and meetups?

·
It is not red. Not red..
5,706 Posts
We're super active.
Check out all the meet threads. :)

·
Banned
720 Posts
Welcome to the forum, you are going to be waiting a bit for the 2012's but it gives you more time to come up with ideas by looking at what everyone else has done.

·
It is not red. Not red..
5,706 Posts
^unless they do a refresh and current parts don't fit.

But good research anyways. :)

·
Registered
423 Posts
welcome!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to the forum, you are going to be waiting a bit for the 2012's but it gives you more time to come up with ideas by looking at what everyone else has done.
Totally. I love the SFR grille. The front bumper and grille are the only things I don't like about the Gen Coupe. A little too plasticy looking. I'm really interested in how the 2012 looks as there's some rumor about new bumpers and headlights.

To me, even the Track model isn't low enough stock so I will likely go Eibach. Not sure if I'll go Pro-Kit or Sportline yet as this will be my daily driver and I'm a little worried about it being too harsh with the Sportlines.

Exhaust is a given, probably cat-back for now and full headers later. I'm leaning towards Magnaflow. What do you guys think?

·
Banned
720 Posts
Totally. I love the SFR grille. The front bumper and grille are the only things I don't like about the Gen Coupe. A little too plasticy looking. I'm really interested in how the 2012 looks as there's some rumor about new bumpers and headlights.

To me, even the Track model isn't low enough stock so I will likely go Eibach. Not sure if I'll go Pro-Kit or Sportline yet as this will be my daily driver and I'm a little worried about it being too harsh with the Sportlines.

Exhaust is a given, probably cat-back for now and full headers later. I'm leaning towards Magnaflow. What do you guys think?
I've read good things about the Magnaflow, I kind of like the Stillen too. Obviously I haven't decided yet, but my 2011 is only a couple months old so I am still in the check everyone elses out then decide mode. Fortunately the car has got some kick to her stock so I am not completely bored until I come up with money and what I want. I would not bother lowering it as the car while not an asphalt scraper is pretty aggressive looking and I think when lowered it messes up the looks and possibly the handling. I supposed if you drop it no more than an inch it might not be too bad. Not going to with mine, thats for sure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would not bother lowering it as the car while not an asphalt scraper is pretty aggressive looking and I think when lowered it messes up the looks and possibly the handling. I supposed if you drop it no more than an inch it might not be too bad. Not going to with mine, thats for sure.
We'll have to agree to disagree. :) I think it looks too high. The Eibach Pro-Kit lowers it 1" front 1.2" rear. Lower and stiffer springs help reduce center of gravity and weight transfer, which improves handling.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts