Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Learning
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I've had this account on gencoupe.com for...probably 6 months now and I've never posted anything because the search button is a god. Also because I have nothing to contribute.

Anywho I picked up a Genesis Coupe kind of on a whim because it was cheaper than anything else sporty that I was looking at (mustangs, 350z's, G35's, etc.).

I got it for about $16,000. It is a 2010 Mirabeau Blue 2.0T in automatic with a few mods on it that I didn't know about until I drove it home. It was a well known dealership but they are Toyota and didn't check under the hood at ALL. It had 37,000 miles on it, and some kind of aftermarket exhaust. I was sold lol.

After searching and reading hours and hours and hours of forum posts, I now know what I have. I've got Injen intercooler piping, a 2.5" exhaust with a generic center muffler attached to a bit of custom piping with a secondary cat delete and the stock primary cat. I also have an AEM CAI, and I keep reading about silencer deletes which makes me wonder if the silencer is gone (it's crazy loud). It is on some kind of lowering springs but I don't know the brand. It also came with some VERY poorly spray painted black rims.

Since taking it off the lot I've plasti-dipped the rims, and the calipers used to be very worn-off blue but I painted them red (here comes the flaming). I also ordered a BR performance tuned ECU that I plan on doing a review for. I kind of want a better exhaust, thinking about the ISIS street cat back but I'm really not sure. Future mods are decided by my bank haha.

I did hours of research on reflashes and tunes, I decided on the BR performance ECU due to BR's incredible customer service. I do have a minor problem here, and that is because I don't know if my wastegate is at the stock position or if the guy before me messed with it. I am now scrambling to measure and count the number of turns it has on it compared to a picture of a stock one that someone posted in another thread.
Overboost/ limp mode= Do not want.

So there you have it. I don't feel so bad about stocking your forum for 6 months now that I have my first post.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Haha nice find. I just bought a 2010 3.8 Gt manual for 15,500. Certified. 33k miles. Loving the 6 speed to death.

Wish I got all the free upgrades though, looking through all the posts here is driving me nuts.

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

The OEM silencer has to be removed for an most aftermarket intakes. So chances are yours is long gone.

·
Modified Passion Car Club
255 Posts
Welcome to the forums first place to look around is the exterior forums and the regional area where you live forum to meet and hang with other GC lovers.

I too wanted a 370 Z or Audi Bmw but loved the look and interior of the 2013 GC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts