Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New member here - thanks for the add.

I have a 2010 2.0T and have a stupid question. I apologize in advance if this is not the proper place for this post.

Both of my key fobs slowly died over the last few months. One died and instead of replacing the battery then, I simply took the easy way out and swapped the dead one for the 'spare'. Now the spare died.

I replaced both FOB batteries yesterday with brand new Energizer CR2032 batteries but can not get EITHER FOB to work.

The only way I can get in is using the valet key in the door and the only way to crank it is putting the FOB in the slot in the center console.

Any ideas what would cause BOTH FOBs, both with brand new batteries, to not work?

Could it be something other than the FOBs such as the receiver in the car? I'm not even sure where the receiver is or how to go about finding out if it is working, problematic or how to troubleshoot?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Got to be bad batteries or installed incorrectly,they worked before thr batteries died and nothing else happened to them(ya diddent run them through the wash or anything like that right) thats all that makes sense.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts