Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a 2013 gen coupe 2.0 with only 87k miles with a rod knock, ordered a motor from LKQ with the same amount of miles and just finished hooking everything back on to that. The car won’t start and my scanner shows the two codes for the camshaft position sensors. I replaced them with the ones I had on the first motor since the car seemed to run fine minus the rod knock. Car still won’t start tried push starting the car to see if it was the starter and didn’t get any luck. The motor came off of a 2013 same year as my car. LKQ said the motor was in good running condition, but could the timing chain have gotten messed up from working on the motor and swapping parts? Anyone know what else it could be.

·
Registered
2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 6MT - Silverstone
465 Posts
So I bought a 2013 gen coupe 2.0 with only 87k miles with a rod knock, ordered a motor from LKQ with the same amount of miles and just finished hooking everything back on to that. The car won’t start and my scanner shows the two codes for the camshaft position sensors. I replaced them with the ones I had on the first motor since the car seemed to run fine minus the rod knock. Car still won’t start tried push starting the car to see if it was the starter and didn’t get any luck. The motor came off of a 2013 same year as my car. LKQ said the motor was in good running condition, but could the timing chain have gotten messed up from working on the motor and swapping parts? Anyone know what else it could be.
I was actually going to recommend checking the timing. When my timing went on my car, it threw a cam sensor code.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That’s the only thing I can think of when it comes to those sensors, I’ll crack it open and let you know what happens 👍🏼

1 - 3 of 3 Posts