Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking around at threads on this site for about a month now and just got my 3.8 2011 Bathurst Black GC a week ago. Got the interior redone to black leather with red stitching due to the lame brown that comes stock with the black paint for some reason on the Grand Touring model.

I had originally ordered a BBM lip spoiler from importshark before I even got my car, and then the dealership called me and told me A. I was getting a different model as I originally requested a 2.0T or B. I could get a different color other than black. Dealer also said that the 3.8 came with the wing spoiler on it, so either way, I had to cancel that order. Obviously I went for the 3.8 and it didn't even come with a spoiler, yay mislabeling! However, due to that mistake, I've come to love the spoiler-less look and am kinda glad I canceled my order.

Anyway, enough ranting, I plan to change out the grill to a matte black RoadRuns and hopefully get a custom emblem to replace the label. I will also replace the emblem on the back with matte black wings (already de-badged the rear :D). Finally, I'm going to get the wheels done matte black. I should be satisfied by then!... Unless I can find some chome red/matte black Thundercats emblems for the wheels and trunk, anyway...

Also, I seem to be one of the only Gencoupe owners in the College Station area, lol.

·
Registered
20 Posts
lol crazy story, hate when dealerships are so misleading! hope my transaction with HUB Hyundai is better than that. i am ordering a 3.8... i hope to get a 3.8 hahaha

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 3.8 came from Lake Jackson which was the closest apparently. It also seems the Lake Jackson dealership takes poor care of their vehicles as there were scratches all over both the exterior and a few on the interior (which can't be fixed).

Another mislabel on the car from Lake Jackson is that apparently, the interior was labeled as black when it was preeeeetty apparent that it was brown.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Welcome

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually work offshore out of Freeport, so I frequent Lake Jackson when I'm at work but not, well, working. :p

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Also from College Station !

Hey Jason,
Glad to hear another GenCoupe owner in College Station.
Just picked up my 3.8 GC last week. Love the Car.

Hey you may want to check out the Texas A&M Sports Car Club.
They have some free events coming up at the end of the month. I plan on attending both the Aggresive driving course on the 29th and the Autocross on the 30th.
www . tamscc . org
I have never done that type of driving before but can't wait to take this car through some laps.

Hope to see you around town!

·
Registered
415 Posts
I'm originally from Bryan/College Station, did some time at A&M. Welcome to the forum!

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Jason,
Glad to hear another GenCoupe owner in College Station.
Just picked up my 3.8 GC last week. Love the Car.

Hey you may want to check out the Texas A&M Sports Car Club.
They have some free events coming up at the end of the month. I plan on attending both the Aggresive driving course on the 29th and the Autocross on the 30th.
www . tamscc . org
I have never done that type of driving before but can't wait to take this car through some laps.

Hope to see you around town!
Unfortunately, I'm going to be at work until probably mid-Feb.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts