Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, possibly a new Genny coupe owner here. I'm going to be looking at a 2010 2.0T 5A/T Premium in the next couple of days. I'm already approved for financing, now its just a matter of taking a good look at and test driving it. I'm definitely interested in it, for many different reasons, and it's an affordable and sporty car with turbo and a nice style to it. It's going to be my DD as I am trading in my 2004 V8 chevy silverado pickup, so I'm not trying to turn this thing into a track car or a GTR or anything crazy. So I've been reading the forums for about three or four days now, trying to learn everything I can about the car. Now, I'm not a mechanic, I've never worked on cars besides changing a tire and the oil here and there, so a lot of terminology is sort of hard for me to understand, so I go and search that and then search about something else that the previous thing was related to so it's kind of hard but I've been doing it. I think I do have a list of a few mods I think that would be beneficial as far as power, and more importantly fuel efficiency. Like an SRI and new air filter, (been seeing a lot of happy K&N users), using premium, (91-93), fuel instead of regular, Phenolic spacers for the intake, and maybe even a reflash tune at some point. I have no idea if it is already modded or not, I'll find out soon enough, but just wanted to make an introductory post, and if anyone has any opinions or other suggestions, feel free of course to educate me! Thanks guys :smile:.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Since your asking i'll give you my humble opinion, leave the intake alone, from what ive gathered it dosent provide much if any power increase and besides looking and sounding cool, it just makes a already low slung car more likely to injest water through the intake if you have to drive through heavy rain. A custom tune could be good if your going to build the car first, but you said this is your daily and you dont intend to build it into a race/track car. Again from what ive read here canned tune dosent do very much for the money. Now one simple mod that I do have that dosent actualy make more power but drasticly changes the power delivery, all but removing the 2nd gear bog, is the Sprint booster or the less expensive but also highly recomended Trios booster. I bought the more expensive Sprint V3 which as a money back gaurentee but couldent be happier with this very simple mod. Welcome and im sure someone else will have a diffrent opinion so just do your research and be honest with yourself as to your vision of what you want your car to be.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey there, and thanks for your input! I think Im going to do more exterior stuff first, and drive it for a couple months or so then see where I'm at with it. I would think even though it is my DD, I want to enjoy everything that it has to offer. I know its already a great car but from what I've read, it seems that people have almost nothing but praises towards a stage one SFR tune. Like I said though, Ill drive it for awhile before I get to any of that. First off I was thinking doing the rims, tinting, trunk spoiler, debadge, etc. Just the normal stuff to make it a bit more stylish.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts