Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
I agree, that's part of why I want to be able to disable the garages on the main page, between that, the ad, and the header graphics 2/3 of the screen when I first get to the site is non-functional.
Yeah it's pretty obnoxious. I have to set my browser display scaling to 80% to make it bearable.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
HMM I kinda noticed that, but especially with your long sig, it does pretty much take up full screen. maybe old Sigs were more compact or something? Not sure if there is a difference from before
There is a definite difference regardless of sig length. The previous forum setup was more efficient with screen space.

·
| Boost Addict |
400 Posts
Liking this new layout, will take a bit of timng used to though LOL

Loving the garage feature, been wanting this since I joined!

There is a definite difference regardless of sig length. The previous forum setup was more efficient with screen space.
Ya I have to definitely agree to this, not liking to new sig spacing.

·
Burger King Dildo Hammer
2,189 Posts
We have the sidebar and adds as an Opt in feature in the user CP.

What picture, Avatar? They seems to load slow right now, working on it.

Jeff
Yeah, I like that, when I was first looking at the site, the only thing I didn't like was all the adds and sidebars, but I logged in and they left, that's great.

Yeah, looks like it loaded now!

Site looks good! :)

·
BK: Have it your way.
380 Posts
The new features and look definitely modernize the site substantially. Everything is far more visible as well. The black buttons really pop out. I like that the color scheme and banner follow the previous theme. Great work!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can't seem to find the search bar when using Google Chrome. Found it when using Internet Explorer. Anyone using Chrome and having the same issue?

·
Community Manager/Admin
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Can't seem to find the search bar when using Google Chrome. Found it when using Internet Explorer. Anyone using Chrome and having the same issue?
Depending on how big ur display is, it is in the upper right corner. You can toggle Goolge or vBulletin search

·
CH 11, Sec 62
1,516 Posts
So, why the change?

Why the change to the forums? Sure it has been asked and answered a few times already, but i don't care, and i actually find it quite funny seeing people get all butt hurt and tell me to search. Well, im lazy. Not searching. Main reason im asking though...why did they change it to make it look like sh!t? Thanks in advance!

/flamesuit on

Edit, also noticed they changed the gen on top from a nice 10-12 mod'd gen, to a fugly stock '13/'14. Not sure if these changes were designed to "bring people back" lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
Agreed. It's just down right awful now. I don't use the app but I do get onto the site quite often using the browser on my phone... and it's 20x tougher to navigate through the site now. The older version was MUCH better in my opinion, not that it matters all that much. Another question I've always wondered... why is the car at the top orange? I know they make a copper, but definitely not orange. And that wasn't anything close to an OEM color when it was a 10-12 up top.

·
Retired Staff
2,303 Posts
Autoguide changed a lot of their forums to this "linear design" across them all.

It sucks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Similar thoughts to the OP when I first saw it. However, they seem to be changing it a little bit more everyday. Fine tuning. It's growing on me. I definitely like the feel of he forums more.

·
New Owner
93 Posts
Not a fan of the new layout, And all this bright white makes it hard to stare at it for hours like i did before researching things for the car now when my eyes start hurting i do the noob thing and just ask again

·
Registered
278 Posts
Not a fan of the new layout, And all this bright white makes it hard to stare at it for hours like i did before researching things for the car now when my eyes start hurting i do the noob thing and just ask again
Here.

As a forum member you can choose to use the new design (which is on by default) or you can go back to the old design. We ask that you give it a chance and see if you like it. Like anything new, it will be unfamiliar at first, but we suspect that the speed difference will make you want to use this new one. If you do decide to switch back, the link is at the bottom left of each forum page, you pull down and select the theme called "GenCoupe.com Legacy".

·
The Pursuit of Happiness
326 Posts
Agreed. It's just down right awful now. I don't use the app but I do get onto the site quite often using the browser on my phone... and it's 20x tougher to navigate through the site now. The older version was MUCH better in my opinion, not that it matters all that much. Another question I've always wondered... why is the car at the top orange? I know they make a copper, but definitely not orange. And that wasn't anything close to an OEM color when it was a 10-12 up top.
The orange color is attributed to the original concept genesis coupe. It would be nice if it were released as an OEM color. I kinda like it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I like the banner at the top. First time ive logged on in about a week so its gonna take a little time to get used to but i think it looks alright

·
Go Hyundai!
1,009 Posts
I like the new look, and I don't find it any different for navigating. It's just some different colors and fonts.

And like others have said, you change it back if it bothers you that much. Just change the skin at the bottom.

41 - 60 of 96 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.