Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, new to forum, look forward to the vast amounts of knowledge/experience here. Am a part of motorcycle forums, awesome place to get to know people and what they have experienced. Sure hope this works out, can't get answers unless you ask questions. Read one angry post by someone who is irritated with questions, am believing that's not the general consensus here.
So thanks in advance for the conversations and advice!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Welcome, and congrats on your new ride. Theres nothing wrong with asking questions its just that the coupe and this fourm have been around awhile and most topics of interest or concern have been covered in depth previously. Just take the time to do a search first, sometimes the information available will allow you to ask more specific questions which im sure most folks here wont mind answering.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome, and congrats on your new ride. Theres nothing wrong with asking questions its just that the coupe and this fourm have been around awhile and most topics of interest or concern have been covered in depth previously. Just take the time to do a search first, sometimes the information available will allow you to ask more specific questions which im sure most folks here wont mind answering.
Thanks! I really enjoy the car, have already read some very helpful info..I really only wanted to do the exhaust just to get it to growl a little more. But after reading, am I going to need a tune afterwards? I wasn’t aware it was illegal as there are many for sale with exhaust mods.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
You shouldn't need a tune with a cat back exhaust, my 2014 3.8 ultimate auto has a Borla and has the stock tune. It runs just fine, sounds and looks nice which were my personal goals. A custom tune with bolt on mods will net abit more H.P./torque if those are your goals. I would recommend checking your local smog, noise, and safety regulations in your area and how vigorously they are enforced (or might be in the future) before spending any money. FWIW i have a Sprint V3 throttle booster which is a very simple device to install,(or remove) and greatly transforms the throttle response of the car and helps with shift lag on automatics. Tros is another popular brand that is significantly less expensive but no less effective.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts