Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Registered
2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0t 8 Speed Auto Transmission
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just wanted to drop in and say hi and I look forward to helping out or getting answers for things! I just purchased a 2013 Hyundai Genesis coupe 2.0t, all stock so far and has 47k original miles. I look forward to keeping her for a long time to come and can鈥檛 wait to show some progress on her! Thank you! Simple little get to know everyone question. What was your first car you ever owned? Mine was a 90s Subaru Loyale. 馃ぃ馃ぃ
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Registered
My first car was a new 1976 Pontiac Astre. Goldenrod Yellow, black interior. 2.3 four cylinder with the 2 barrel Holley-Weber carb and a 5 speed manual transmission.

Ran the hell out of that thing for years. Finally was rusted so bad (WV salty winter roads) I parked it and bought a used Nova down in NC with no rust on it.

Influenced me to buy my 2011 Genesis Coupe Track, 3.8 with a 6 speed manual transmission - Interlagos Yellow with a black interior. Runs way better than the old Astre and gets about 10 mpg less on the highway. It has never been in the salt.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My first car was a new 1976 Pontiac Astre. Goldenrod Yellow, black interior. 2.3 four cylinder with the 2 barrel Holley-Weber carb and a 5 speed manual transmission.

Ran the hell out of that thing for years. Finally was rusted so bad (WV salty winter roads) I parked it and bought a used Nova down in NC with no rust on it.

Influenced me to buy my 2011 Genesis Coupe Track, 3.8 with a 6 speed manual transmission - Interlagos Yellow with a black interior. Runs way better than the old Astre and gets about 10 mpg less on the highway. It has never been in the salt.
Man I love a good ol Pontiac and you don鈥檛 see those aster much anymore. I know a bunch of my uncles had Novas, I remember one of my uncles had a 72 Nova and it was all yellow and he named it Gone Bananas, thing would lift the whole front end up in the air. Can鈥檛 go wrong with old muscle! I almost got a 3.8 but it had 117k miles and they wanted 20k for it 馃う鈥嶁檪锔. So I got this 2013 genesis 2.0t with only 47k miles and right around the same price, sucks the car market is so high still but I love it! Have you done any mods to it yet?

Registered
Man I love a good ol Pontiac and you don鈥檛 see those aster much anymore. I know a bunch of my uncles had Novas, I remember one of my uncles had a 72 Nova and it was all yellow and he named it Gone Bananas, thing would lift the whole front end up in the air. Can鈥檛 go wrong with old muscle! I almost got a 3.8 but it had 117k miles and they wanted 20k for it 馃う鈥嶁檪锔. So I got this 2013 genesis 2.0t with only 47k miles and right around the same price, sucks the car market is so high still but I love it! Have you done any mods to it yet?
Welcome to the forums. I used to have a 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT, was enough for a 1st car back in the early 2000s. Never really had what I would consider a fun car, until my 2010 3.8 Base (totalled unfortunately), which led me to my 2013 3.8 Track which now has 140,000 miles on it. Enjoy yours, make it last awhile.

Registered
Mine is all stock.

All original except for tires, oil/filter, air filter, cabin filter and the original program on the chip. Had an issue years ago and Hyundai was aware of it and sitting on their butts waiting on people's cars to shut down before having them towed to the dealer to reflash with a corrected program.

Oh, windshield was replaced, too.

Sitting in the garage with about 72,000 miles on it and waiting on me to get around to fixing the sunroof (broken piece of linkage on the passenger side. Got the new parts but have to remove the pillar panels and headliner to get to the darn thing. Still, took almost 11 years for that piece to break.

Registered
2013 Genesis Coupe, 3.8 Track
2007 Pontiac Vibe haha. Also owned a 2007 Lexus ES350, 2014 Camaro LT, 2010 Nissan 370z, and now my 2013 Genesis Coupe. Currently have lowering springs and a muffler delete done. I have wheels on order and I'm looking to get a real exhaust system but for the time being that's what I'm running. I've got about 70k miles on mine but overall its in pretty good condition. Gonna get my bumper repainted due to a mishap I had on it but other than that it doesn't look like a 70k mile car. Bought the car in January and so far have had zero issues!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the forums. I used to have a 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT, was enough for a 1st car back in the early 2000s. Never really had what I would consider a fun car, until my 2010 3.8 Base (totalled unfortunately), which led me to my 2013 3.8 Track which now has 140,000 miles on it. Enjoy yours, make it last awhile.
Nice! I鈥檝e noticed a lot of 3.8s haha, how do you like it so far and any mods or all stock still? I don鈥檛 see many of our coupes around so it鈥檚 nice to have something different. I had a 2016 Dodge Challenger but everyone and there grandma has one lmao.

Registered
I enjoy it quite a bit, circumstances had led me to putting a ton of miles on it, which I wish wasn't the case.. but I do run it kind of (does not see any track days) and for the 8 years I have owned it I have not seen even one CEL come on. As far as mods:

DBA 4000 series T3 slotted rotors (OEMs were getting bad, figured i'd go aftermarket/overkill)
Stop Tech sport pads
Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s (stock sizes)
Sprint Booster V3

I guess I am pretty light on the mods, but it works for me. Ya, I see quite a few chargers/challengers here in Pennsylvania (saw a 392 HEMI this morning actually), so I understand. That is also one of the reasons why I picked this platform, these cars visually are different/unique.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice upgrades! I love the exhaust notes on the 3.8 and I heard they are easy to mod for the most part. Yeah here in Colorado you see 392 every time you turn your head, don鈥檛 get me wrong they sound amazing and is one of my favorite cars but yeah too many and everyone wants to race you lmao. I have some mods coming soon, first doing a tune up on the car, new spark plugs, coil packs and oil change so I know it鈥檚 all new to me and should last longer. It did come with some neat stuff already like tinted windows and some Continental extreme sport tires. Rotors and pads were done when I bought it so not too bad. I do love that you don鈥檛 see many of the coupes around so definitely unique and head turning as well.

Soon to be Mods:

IRS race cat back exhaust- already bought

synapse BOV kit- soon to buy

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I cringed just looking at that curb parking. LOL You better get used to stopping short, particularly if you plan on lowering. 馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ
lmao I stay away from the curb usually 馃う鈥嶁檪锔忦煠p煠. After I took the photo I actually moved it back some. Not my best parking that鈥檚 for sure. Also there is more sidewalk on the other side than what the picture shows haha.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome! My first car was a '69 Ford Fairmont, built like a tank, ugly as sin, but that thing ran forever! Got me into more trouble than I care to remember........LOL! Enjoy the Genny, they are fun cars.
those Fairmonts are pretty cool! Can鈥檛 go wrong with something old school. 馃槂

Registered
Hi,

Just wanted to drop in and say hi and I look forward to helping out or getting answers for things! I just purchased a 2013 Hyundai Genesis coupe 2.0t, all stock so far and has 47k original miles. I look forward to keeping her for a long time to come and can鈥檛 wait to show some progress on her! Thank you! Simple little get to know everyone question. What was your first car you ever owned? Mine was a 90s Subaru Loyale. 馃ぃ馃ぃ View attachment 78652
Hell yea bro!! Welcome to group my first car was a blue 2005 dodge neon! We have the same color Genesis! If you鈥檙e looking to make your car look alittle cooler for cheap the first thing I did was remove the Hyundai logo and swapped it for the Genesis badge! Only like $20 on Amazon! If you have any questions hmu and I鈥檇 be happy to help you. If you need up adding any mods weather it鈥檚 cosmetic or mechanic and love them make sure to post it cause I love to see new things that I could possibly add to my car! Especially being you have a silver one just like mine!!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hell yea bro!! Welcome to group my first car was a blue 2005 dodge neon! We have the same color Genesis! If you鈥檙e looking to make your car look alittle cooler for cheap the first thing I did was remove the Hyundai logo and swapped it for the Genesis badge! Only like $20 on Amazon! If you have any questions hmu and I鈥檇 be happy to help you. If you need up adding any mods weather it鈥檚 cosmetic or mechanic and love them make sure to post it cause I love to see new things that I could possibly add to my car! Especially being you have a silver one just like mine!!!
thanks bro! How did that Dodge Neon treat you?! I use to love those SRT4 models. Haha. It鈥檚 funny you say that about the badges because that鈥檚 my first cosmetic mod! I鈥檒l post a picture of the set I got for $20. Any mods you have done to your car yet?! I鈥檓 about to do an exhaust and BOV kit as well. It鈥檚 dope we have the same color! I love this silver look so far and thinking of some cosmetic stuff like wheels and tires to do next
. Headgear Helmet Automotive lighting Personal protective equipment Glass

1 - 20 of 27 Posts