Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm a huge Genesis Coupe fan. Looking to get a Silver 2nd Gen. Hope to gain some valuable knowledge from you guys. I'm coming from an INFINITI G35 Coupe 6MT. It was a quart of oil every thousand miles :crying:

·
Registered
150 Posts
What year is your Infiniti G35 coupe?

I am running a 2003 350z for 14 years and not burning oil. The early 350z and G35 have the same engine, with some variations after 2005 (the infamous “rev-up engine” that some say burned a lot of oil).

I think you and I are considering the Hyundai Genesis Coupe for the same reasons (e.g., rear wheel drive, 300+ HP and no turbo for better torque, etc.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have since got rid of the G35. It was a 2005 and, as a result, had the Rev Up engine. You nailed it right on the head about why we are considering a Genesis Coupe. RWD, 300+ HP, decent torque, and I prefer NA for a linear powerband. NA is also more reliable if keeping the car long term.

·
Registered
150 Posts
:gc-smiley-sign-i-ag You understand. I have owned 3 turbo-equipped cars, and all eventually had a turbo related failure.
The turbocharger’s blades spin too fast for consistently adequate lubrication and cooling, and the additional pressure causes premature engine wear.

A naturally aspirated engine will have less maintenance, last longer, and actually perform better if sized and set up properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts