Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
They are also working on the nav software upgrade that includes the new dynamic EQ settings for the sound system.
Hi,

Just curious, the EQ was only mentioned to you by the person there correct? I really do miss having an EQ. Coming from a Sonata where you can choose between "Dynamic", "Concert" really makes a difference in the sound. I hope they are coming with the update soon and that it wont be to expensive!

·
Registered
292 Posts
You left out my biggest complain about the infotainment system. When you "back" out of folders to the root, it defaults you to the very top. Not a big deal if your folders are "Rock" and "Rap" but if you're OCD like me you have it all by artist, then album. And I have a 8gig USB stick. So let's say I leave my favorite folder, "Soundgarden" and want to go to "System of a Down"... I have to scroll through 29873 pages of folders instead of down a page.

And yeah, the lack of a good zoom / scroll function on the map is a PITA but my navi hasn't let me down yet, and I've taken it all the freak over Louisiana.

Glad to see a new member with a 2014 that's for sure. Best of luck to you.

·
Cranky old bastard
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Just curious, the EQ was only mentioned to you by the person there correct?
No, it's shown in my owner's manual. I pointed it out to them, and said I WANT IT. :)

You left out my biggest complain about the infotainment system. When you "back" out of folders to the root, it defaults you to the very top....
Only 8 Gig? Try 40+ :p

The MP3 "player" is a joke on several levels. I can't believe they don't have a true player that will let you create playlists and set filters.

Glad to see a new member with a 2014 that's for sure. Best of luck to you.
Thanks. Let's hope the future with my GC is brighter than it has started off to be.

·
Registered
388 Posts

·
Former World Traveler
12 Posts
Good luck I hope this is the last issue you have.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Crazy how fast that all seemed to happen... Then again, time flies when you're making money. For you, I'm sure it crawled.

Hope all stays well. Did you go over it at the stealership before you left?

·
Registered
951 Posts
New to this thread but congrats on the new car! I bought my 2011 Track about 3 months ago, since then I've installed an Ark Grip, R2C CAI, and threw some Eibach Prokit springs on it. I am absolutely in love with my car and I hope the same goes to you!

Sorry to hear about your engine problems but glad it all seems to have worked out, (hopefully).

·
Cranky old bastard
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Update

The car still seems to be doing fine with it's new power plant, although highway mileage pretty much sucked at about 23 mpg during a 200 mile trip I took last night. I want to change the oil now that it has a couple hundred miles on it, even though the dealership swears that it doesn't need it until 5k miles. I call BS on that, modern motor design or not. I have never seen a brand new motor that doesn't shed some metal as the rings and bearings find their happy place. If the dealer won't comp me on it, I'll decide on a good synthetic and do it myself. (Probably be switching out the gear oil for some Redline in the near future as well).

With that said, I do have another issue that popped up while doing some intense listening and tweaking on the sound system. The rear deck is rattling like a bitch when I play the intro to "Breathe" off Dark Side of the Moon (which is a great track/album for a sound system test BTW). I found the rear deck removal thread, so I'll probably be tackling that some time this weekend, along with rigging the TC for auto off and wiring up a BT OBDII adapter.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts