Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Vendor
1,508 Posts
TK relax man lol. I get a real personal attack vibe from you bro. People are just stating that BK mods are pricey. I only,made this post to give people another option because I mean ive heard excellent things about your kit. And the price is comparable... Sans tune. The other kit is at a lower price point with a tune. That's a pretty important aspect when going from N/A to FI, ya know? Is it as good? Maybe, maybe not. Time will tell. Point is this was never meant to be a promotion post. Just a heads up.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Me? Not at all, I wouldn't have even posted if it wasn't for some of the other comments. I do have the right to clarify things when insults and accusations are being thrown around tho...

·
Registered
486 Posts
TK relax man lol. I get a real personal attack vibe from you bro. People are just stating that BK mods are pricey. I only,made this post to give people another option because I mean ive heard excellent things about your kit. And the price is comparable... Sans tune. The other kit is at a lower price point with a tune. That's a pretty important aspect when going from N/A to FI, ya know? Is it as good? Maybe, maybe not. Time will tell. Point is this was never meant to be a promotion post. Just a heads up.

From your posts, you are regurgitating what you see on a FB page or website. In a sense, good oarts are not cheap and cheap parts are not good...or, as the old saying goes, "garbage in, garbage out"

÷100 to Jessie and TK.com

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
From your posts, you are regurgitating what you see on a FB page or website. In a sense, good oarts are not cheap and cheap parts are not good...or, as the old saying goes, "garbage in, garbage out"

It's funny you say that since I prefaced at least one of my posts with "this is from their FB" lmao. Thank you CPT Obvious. I didn't realize spreading some info on the forum was such a sin. Again, I don't have a turbo kit. No plans to pursue this route presently. Just figured some people might like to know there are options for turbo kits. Which one they choose is their call. I don't claim either one is better or worse. I've heard people are very happy with the TK kit. Even watched some reviews and an install vid. The other kit is still pretty new. Doubt anyone on the forum has one yet to say whether it's good or bad. I'm not necessarily defending the dudes. I just don't think it's fair to judge anything by any other measure than personal experience. Cheap ain't always bad. Bad ain't always cheap. But I digress.

·
Registered
486 Posts

It's funny you say that since I prefaced at least one of my posts with "this is from their FB" lmao. Thank you CPT Obvious. I didn't realize spreading some info on the forum was such a sin. Again, I don't have a turbo kit. No plans to pursue this route presently. Just figured some people might like to know there are options for turbo kits. Which one they choose is their call. I don't claim either one is better or worse. I've heard people are very happy with the TK kit. Even watched some reviews and an install vid. The other kit is still pretty new. Doubt anyone on the forum has one yet to say whether it's good or bad. I'm not necessarily defending the dudes. I just don't think it's fair to judge anything by any other measure than personal experience. Cheap ain't always bad. Bad ain't always cheap. But I digress.

Blah blah blah...your problem is you dont know when to just walk away.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just think about this... turbokits.com charges +$245 for wrapping on their turbo kit. What's the wrapping? Two titanium wraps and one tape adhesive!! $245 dollars for that. You can get that at Amazon for max $50 dollars. That just shows you what rip offs they are, also how high their margins are. I can do this for every single thing they sell just to show how outrageously high the prices are.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Just think about this... turbokits.com charges +$245 for wrapping on their turbo kit. What's the wrapping? Two titanium wraps and one tape adhesive!! $245 dollars for that. You can get that at Amazon for max $50 dollars. That just shows you what rip offs they are, also how high their margins are. I can do this for every single thing they sell just to show how outrageously high the prices are.
What you are saying technically is true: You can get "A" titanium type wrap and adhesive for said price.

To be truthful the "set" TK is offering is custom jigged to their setup. That is, custom made to fit like a glove. For some that is the route they want. Yes, you pay for it,..but it is an OPTION. Bless them for options.

For others like myself, I ceramic coated all the hot system and titanium wrapped it myself, using comparable materials to DEI. DEI themselves charge a premium.

Fact still remains, the kit is the premier kit, reliable, pretty simple. The the average Joe with a few tools and just a little mechanical ability can do.

As far as quality, and bang for the buck, their NO CAT headers make ARK headers look like cheap crap. Custom jigged for perfect fitment, and truly make any additional investment in higher tier turbo's worhtwhile.

Its not how much money, but where you put the money.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It is not custom!! It's 2 rolls of wrap and 1 roll of tape adhesive! Maybe they customized the length but that's it! Also nobody here's is talking about those expensive ass headers which are the same as ngm headers for less than half the price. Ngm headers fit the kit.

·
Registered
47 Posts
It is not custom!! It's 2 rolls of wrap and 1 roll of tape adhesive! Maybe they customized the length but that's it! Also nobody here's is talking about those expensive ass headers which are the same as ngm headers for less than half the price. Ngm headers fit the kit.
You both are referring to the heat wrap upgrade. It is not a titanium wrap but blankets for the kit. Something you can add on top of the wraps or ceramic coating. refer to the link below.

TurboKits.com Turbo Kit Heat Wrap Upgrade for 2010-2016 Hyundai Genesis 3.8L | On Sale: $295.00

This part of the kit is custom and made to fit. It cannot be found elsewhere. I have NGM headers on my car currently but the TK.com headers are definitely superior quality. With that being said NGM is a completely viable alternative.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I have TK's headers. I ceramic coated them and wrapped them...and yes. Superior to the ARKs, which I used to have, made for the turbo and perfect fit.

Seems the haters either have a beef for some reason or flat out cant afford it. If its a money thing, who's fault is that? You mad cause they are making money on their endeavour? Otherwise, why the bad-mouthing?

Look, some of us went with TK cause its tested, proven and made to basically fit with detailed instructions. Also, if there is a problem, Jessie will stand behind it.

Sure, go buy your parts on Amazon, ebay or anywhere else to save your pennies, spend the time (and money) to fabricate and install and hope it all goes well. If you go this route and have a problem, its more time and money out of your pocket to fix the problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey Bullshit billy, that name fits you pefectly btw :). It's deffinetly not a money thing! After all we all own a HYUNDAI genesis coupe including you big baller lol. Just because you wanna pay tk an extra $3 grand in profit doesnt mean I should! What are you talking about saving pennies? Your saving thousands. Just cause you like giving your money away doesn't mean we should also.

·
Vendor
1,508 Posts
What you are saying technically is true: You can get "A" titanium type wrap and adhesive for said price.

To be truthful the "set" TK is offering is custom jigged to their setup. That is, custom made to fit like a glove. For some that is the route they want. Yes, you pay for it,..but it is an OPTION. Bless them for options.

For others like myself, I ceramic coated all the hot system and titanium wrapped it myself, using comparable materials to DEI. DEI themselves charge a premium.

Fact still remains, the kit is the premier kit, reliable, pretty simple. The the average Joe with a few tools and just a little mechanical ability can do.

As far as quality, and bang for the buck, their NO CAT headers make ARK headers look like cheap crap. Custom jigged for perfect fitment, and truly make any additional investment in higher tier turbo's worhtwhile.

Its not how much money, but where you put the money.
You both are referring to the heat wrap upgrade. It is not a titanium wrap but blankets for the kit. Something you can add on top of the wraps or ceramic coating. refer to the link below.

TurboKits.com Turbo Kit Heat Wrap Upgrade for 2010-2016 Hyundai Genesis 3.8L | On Sale: $295.00

This part of the kit is custom and made to fit. It cannot be found elsewhere. I have NGM headers on my car currently but the TK.com headers are definitely superior quality. With that being said NGM is a completely viable alternative.
The TurboKits.com kit (Our kit) comes with thermal wrap for the uppipe, downpipe, thermal tape for wiring and accessories around the turbo and a turbo blanket, all titanium from DEI a leader in the field, not unknown quality EBAY stuff. This is included in the kit at no additional charge. You can literally do a DYNO run and put your hand on the turbine housing. I have done it... The $245 option is our custom heat blanket we had developed for the uppipe, downpipe and the charge pipe that runs by the turbo. These are custom made for our kit and do cost additional, $245 when purchased with the kit, $295 separately - TurboKits.com Turbo Kit Heat Wrap Upgrade for 2010-2016 Hyundai Genesis 3.8L | On Sale: $295.00

Again, I have no issues with competition, is the false information and straight up bullying that is being throw at us that needs to be addressed.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts