Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey how’s it going gen community, so I’m looking to get a new turbo but I wanted to get some more info off here first. Where can I find a good turbo for a decent price?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Replacement turbo? For the 2013 2.0 its manifold and turbo and electronic wastegate. If you're looking to upgrade I'd research a bit because you'll need a lot more than just a turbocharger. And if so what are your goals with the car? Auto or manual daily driver?

·
Premium Member
14,904 Posts
You are basically limited to what fits the stock manifold, if you want/have to keep the electronic wastegate.
basically any TD04HL turbo should swap into the manifold. Even then you would have to fab a bracket to mount the electronic wastegate to the new compressor housing.

Reason is, the wategate flap on the BK2 manifold, moves in the opposite direction. So push is closed, instead the normal "pull is closed"
At least it's not some reverse rotation nonsense like on the SRT4.

I'm not sure what the solution with the ewga is, as far as tuning. Maybe tuners have been able to disable everything related with the ewga, or all the people running aftermarket turbos/manifolds are running stand alone ECUs.

the long/short is, if you can get rid of having to use the ewga, then you're options for turbo/manifold are the same as the BK1.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts