Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i ordered some new rims monday the front rims are 20 x 8.5 with a 15 offset and rear is 20x 10 with a 20 offset. i will have the rims next week, they have to be boared out to fit the genesis coupe wheel hub. so heres just a quick teaser to keep u guys waiting sorry dont hate me lol.

·
^ You Gotta PAY to PLAY ^
812 Posts
another teaser?, let's get this guy banned now pls!!!! :p

there should be a limit for teaser pics on this forum... :D

i love those wheels, Weds SA-60M! ballllllleeeerrrr...

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
hahah if u guys guess i ll tell you, ppl on facebook seen the full rim :). if theres a enough interest when there installed on my car my guy will pull a few in for the gencoupe at a good price ;) ps i have yet to seen these on a car since they just hit the market a few weeks ago

btw genoks you pretty much hit it dead on but these i guess would be considered the knock offs since those rims are like 1000 a piece i think haha

·
^ You Gotta PAY to PLAY ^
812 Posts
btw genoks you pretty much hit it dead on but these i guess would be considered the knock offs since those rims are like 1000 a piece i think haha
taiwan knock off's right? hmmm be careful sir.

don't do any extreme driving, seen similar taiwan weds replica shattered when hit to a curb

just sayin' :D it should look good on ur car tho

·
Aww yeee
1,532 Posts
Damn those look good, can't wait to see 'em on your coupe

·
The OG
7,957 Posts
Well you're half way there... nice wheels with good offsets. Now we just need you to drop down to 19s and you're golden! ;) :p

Can't wait to see em mounted man. :)

·
Work in Progress
6,496 Posts
I was going to go with Advan until I read genoks post!

Do those Weds even come in 20"? Finding Weds in 19" was a big chore when I was looking.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
^ I'm patiently waiting for my rotas to explode. :)

Most of this forum is on replicas sadly. i wish i had the money to buy the confidence that my wheels will be stronger than the axles they are attached to :(

@op You know its a good teaser when you got me searching google for more pics :)

·
Chapter 11-Sec62/Basterds
3,407 Posts
installed pics?

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
BS on imitation wheels being more dangerous.

I was in Denver and borrowing my Dad's Porsche. Was driving slow as hell and hit a hidden pothole at night and completely ruined his $2,800 forged wheel. I wish he had been running $200 imitations as the replacement cost would have been much cheaper. The end result would have been the same and a tow truck was called anyways.

There are good reasons to run the real thing like weight, supporting innovation and good engineering, and better dimensions and finishes, but safety is not one of them.

The only exception to this is a professional car driver that might slide out on the track yet continue racing in the same race. Obviously Forged wheels are more likely to hold up to that abuse.

·
O, rearry?
485 Posts
BS on imitation wheels being more dangerous.

I was in Denver and borrowing my Dad's Porsche. Was driving slow as hell and hit a hidden pothole at night and completely ruined his $2,800 forged wheel. I wish he had been running $200 imitations as the replacement cost would have been much cheaper. The end result would have been the same and a tow truck was called anyways.

There are good reasons to run the real thing like weight, supporting innovation and good engineering, and better dimensions and finishes, but safety is not one of them.

The only exception to this is a professional car driver that might slide out on the track yet continue racing in the same race. Obviously Forged wheels are more likely to hold up to that abuse.
I hit an electrical main cover (those rounded concrete blocks) next to the freeway going 65. It turned my forged wheel into a giant pacman face, but the wheel didn't shatter like a cheaper cast wheel would have. My brakes were undamaged, and I managed to stop the car without wrecking into anything else.

Also, you only mentioned the wheel was damaged, so it seems like your dad's forged wheel did its duty and absorbed the damaged instead of letting it spread to the rest of the car.

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
thanks guys there actually avant garde they do alot of rims for bmws,audis, benz and more. i havent read to much on them but there not that cheap but not crazy expensive either.so i would think there decent

·
U wot M8
1,908 Posts
Those should look really nice dude...to be blatantly honest i really don't like your current ones and I am glad your getting something that will look a million times better, especially at your ride height.

LOL at the video though.... I'll have to remember that when I'm shopping for wheels i need them to withstand being rammed by a swat team.

·
Aww yeee
1,532 Posts
^I'm not a fan of his current wheels either. His whole car is transforming for the better. The way it was before I kinda felt like there was just too many different styles going on. Seems like now its just one style that flows well, can't wait to see it when its done.

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
these wheels should look bad ass, some of you might hate the choice i went with for the bumper but if i dont like the final out come off it comes lol i ll be postin another thread with some pics of my roof and bumper :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts