Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New wheels on the way... *They are here!*

Hey guys. First off I wanted to thank everyone that posted in the wheel fitment thread as that helped a ton. Also, a big thanks to Slider for giving me some advice on this setup.

I went back and forth between the Tenzo Type M's and the TSW Nurburgring, and I ended up going with the TSW's. I was looking at an upgrade for the track wheels with a more aggressive fitment, but nothing too crazy as this is my DD and I will not be lowering it because I have to drive in these New England winters. I was looking for a low offset in a 19" x 8.5" wheel for the front and 245/35's, and a 19" x 9.5" in the rear for a 275/35 or 285/35. I am not looking for the stretched look at all.

The TSW's had horrible offsets in the 9.5" (+40), so I ended up going with the 19 x 10.5" for the rear with a conservative, but still flush +27. I went back and forth on matte gunmetal or machined face, and I decided on the machined face. My GC is Nord Grey. I should have the wheels sometime soon and then I'll need to decide if I go with a 275 or a 285 in the rear. I'll be going with the Hankooks.

Anyone else running the TSW's?

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
I so want to see your car after you install these. That rim has been at the top of my list for a long time. BTW, you could have run the 9.5 and thrown a 15mm spacer on it.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Sweet. Post some pics after the install. I was looking at theses wheels too but the high offsets suck major ass

·
I keep it dirty and nerdy
1,525 Posts
should look great! Can't wait to see what the final result.

·
GET OFF MY LAWN!
2,261 Posts
I've been really happy with my Petrol's (sub-brand of TSW), and I can't wait to see how these look! Only reason I didn't go with them myself last year, was, I wanted the deep lip.

Can't wait for pics!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I so want to see your car after you install these. That rim has been at the top of my list for a long time. BTW, you could have run the 9.5 and thrown a 15mm spacer on it.
Thanks, and yeah, I know about the spacer but I really prefer to not use one if I can help it. It's just personal preference.

I realized I didn't add the fronts were 19 x 8.5" +20. I could have gone 19 x 9" in the back, but the offset was more OEM-like @ +32.

I will definately post some pics...

The price was reasonable...$1089 shipped.

This pic of them on a BMW put me over the edge for the machined face...

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Discount Tire Direct.

The guy said his TSW rep warned that it was a "very aggressive fitment for the Genesis"... ;)

My biggest concern was how close it would be to the suspension on the rear, but it should actually be pretty mild. A 265 on the OEM wheel is .5" closer to the suspension, a 275 on a 19 x 9 +32 is also .5" closer to the suspension, but a 275 on a 10.5 +27 is only .3" closer, and a 285 is .5" closer.

The 245/35's on the 8.5" +20's will stick out 25mm (1") more, and the rear will stick out 23mm (.9") more with a 275 and 28mm (1.1") more with 285's.

In my research I think most were saying ~24mm is the optimal amount to move out towards the fender so it looks like I'm right about there with this setup.

I'm only worried that a 275 will look stretched on a 10.5" rim even though it is slightly wider @ 10.8".

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
Like Them Alot

·
1,525 Posts
qwaszx, I dare say those are 20's. If that thing was slammed with those, it'd be reallll nice.

·
The OG
7,957 Posts
19s are much better. :p

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
20's? and the fender gap is still that ridiculous!!?? holy cow. it would look SOOO good if they made some concave on that rim...so good.

·
1,525 Posts
Those are a different wheel. The TSW's should have a little concave to them. Also, those 20's have 8 paired spokes, where the TSW has 7 paired spokes, so the OP's wheels shouldn't look as busy. And yeah, 20's really look out of place without suspension to back up the mod.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I have 275s on my 19x10's. I think I'd go 285's on 19x10's and larger (I will when my tires need to be changed). Just my opinion as I don't like my tires looking rounded.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts