Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new wheels for the coupe just came in yesterday, now i just need some warm weather and ill put them on. The are 20x10 with an et25 offset for the rear and 20x8.5 with an et20 offset for the fronts. The rears have a 5" chrome lip and the fronts have a 3.5" chrome lip. The wheels have machined faces with black painted and cleared surfaces in between the bars. The tires i'll be running are 275-30-20 for the rears and 235-35-20 for the fronts. I haven't got the front tires yet as they were delayed due to weather so I may be wrong about the exact size of the front tires. My coupe is black so this should be an absolutely sick setup. Im looking to lower it a bit with a set of probably pro-kit springs. I want to wait until the wheels are on and make sure theres enough room for the lowering.

Can somebody photoshop these for me please?

·
I keep it dirty and nerdy
1,525 Posts
did you dry fit them yet? Do you have brembos or not? Curious if they will clear the brakes in the rear. Not my taste, but its also not my car :)

·
Banned
2,327 Posts
Darth Vader nooo, Simpsons grandpa whorehouse in/out .gif, Son I am Disappoint pic, etc.

Take your pick.

·
4th color - 4th wheels
8,829 Posts
you don't know what kind of wheels they are and the size of your tires? :ugh: ... I hope it's polished not chrome. In for installed pics

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
not a huge fan of those wheels but still in for installed pics.

·
The OG
7,957 Posts
Allow me...

·
Work in Progress
6,496 Posts
I'm still waiting for the first Gen coupe on 22's or some donk genesis pics.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
?

Never said I didn't know what kind of wheels they were. The brand is Rohana. I simply don't remember the size I we decided on for the fronts so that they wouldn't rub. How are machined wheels with black matched to the car in between the bars ghetto? The lip is the only part that is chrome. Perhaps the pics don't do them justice but they are far from ghetto in person. As for the sizing being ghetto, I do believe I've seen a lot of people on here running 20"s. I didn't choose the sizing for a ghetto effect, I chose the size I did to fill the wheel wells properly.

·
Sex Machine
1,514 Posts
wtf is a Rohana?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm running 20" by 8.5 on front and I ran a 245/30/20.. and I have 20s by 10s on rear and ran 275/30/20s I have space in my wells but kept a very comparable diameter and am getting coilovers but I dont know if you could actually run any larger tire really on the front though it may be possible there is SOME room...:confused:

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I like the specs on those rims. I hope that they look great installed!

Reasonable width and offsets. I'd be concerned w/ Brembo clearance in the front more than anything.

The rims aren't real 'import' looking however but that's fine.

Be sure and post raw wheel weights here.

Thanks.

·
barely turns a wrench
509 Posts
My new wheels for the coupe just came in yesterday, now i just need some warm weather and ill put them on. The are 20x10 with an et25 offset for the rear and 20x8.5 with an et20 offset for the fronts. The rears have a 5" chrome lip and the fronts have a 3.5" chrome lip. The wheels have machined faces with black painted and cleared surfaces in between the bars. The tires i'll be running are 275-30-20 for the rears and 235-35-20 for the fronts. I haven't got the front tires yet as they were delayed due to weather so I may be wrong about the exact size of the front tires. My coupe is black so this should be an absolutely sick setup. Im looking to lower it a bit with a set of probably pro-kit springs. I want to wait until the wheels are on and make sure theres enough room for the lowering.

Can somebody photoshop these for me please?

i think they will look nice to those trying to ride on dat der baller status... not those who are trying to keep the import/performance "omg i want 17's"
im personally getting 20's... though not as flashy, maybe some TSW's...unless i can get a nice set of vossen cv1's

anywho, for those interested: here are the specs to his wheels
http://rohanawheels.com/RL08.html

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Okay, now that I saw a larger pic, I think the wheels will look great on your black coupe. I think you should do that murdered out look to compliment the wheels. Get the sarona or luxon grill in black, some dark tints, and maybe tint the headlights and tail lights. If you're not into the tinting the lights, maybe paint the headlight housing black and get clear corners.

Good luck with your car and post pics of the final product!

·
Registered
558 Posts
^yes i do agree the pics above make the wheels alot better looking still not for me at all but not as ghetto as the pics you posted the lip is what throws me off, in for some pics on the car

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks

Blitz thank you for being neutral even though they're not you're taste. I agree with most all of your statement too. I already have dark tint and am planning on a blacked out grill. I've been looking at tinting my lights for quite a while now but just haven't made my mind up how I want to do it yet. I'm considering having the center of the wheels done in all black as well, and if not this year then I'll do before next year to keep the same wheels but still get a new look for the next year. I live in Ohio so it'll be at least another month before I get to put them on due to the crappy weather here. I'll post pics when I do.

·
4th color - 4th wheels
8,829 Posts
it's not the size that's ghetto or the lip... chrome in general is and the shape of the spokes... it has an irregular pattern and it is convex, very reminescent of something you would see in DUB magazine. After seeing the larger pics it does look much better so don't get too defensive. It will look ok in the end and as been said it is your car. Post pics once installed!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts