Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a rspec 2.0t bk1, with bolt ons and canned tune but psi went from peak of 16 to not going over 13 ever. No boost leaks, no one can find the problem for the last 5 months... help? I have mishimoto FMIC with 2.5" piping, synapse bov(took broken preload spring off), air intake, isis o2 housing and Downpipe, AEM catback, single exaust axle back, 3" straight from turbo,act clutch,pressure plate and flywheel and AEM a/f and boost gauges. Dynojet says 222hp and 202tq but when I dynoed I had OEM clutch kindda slipping and boost peaked at 16.4 psi. After clutch install I only get peak 13psi.

·
Bigginski
45 Posts
So I have a rspec 2.0t bk1, with bolt ons and canned tune but psi went from peak of 16 to not going over 13 ever. No boost leaks, no one can find the problem for the last 5 months... help? I have mishimoto FMIC with 2.5" piping, synapse bov***(took broken preload spring off)***, air intake, isis o2 housing and Downpipe, AEM catback, single exaust axle back, 3" straight from turbo,act clutch,pressure plate and flywheel and AEM a/f and boost gauges. Dynojet says 222hp and 202tq but when I dynoed I had OEM clutch kindda slipping and boost peaked at 16.4 psi. After clutch install I only get peak 13psi.
If you preload spring is broke, replace it. Sounds like it's not getting above factory boost. Check all vacuum lines and ic pipes/boots. Also is there a check engine light? Have you checked your oil level?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Have you tested your wastegate to see what pressure it is actually opening at?

Could the new clutch be installed incorrectly or be slipping? If the new clutch is slipping there will be less load on the engine which would affect peak boost.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts