Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Fast Track
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 3.8L track NGM headers
I was told these are bolt on when I bought them and should not have any problems.
I now have been told that the primary converters will come out and you are left with the secondary converters and that the check engine light will stay on ?
Has any one installed these on their vehicle yet ?
How much of a pain in the ass are they to install and are they really worth it ?
Can any one give me some insight ?

Thank you

·
Genesis OG
2,625 Posts
I now have been told that the primary converters will come out and you are left with the secondary converters and that the check engine light will stay on ? YES
Has any one installed these on their vehicle yet ? YES ByzKing @ Kgmdawg both have headers on a '13 (CPE headers)
How much of a pain in the ass are they to install and are they really worth it ? HUGE and depends on who you ask
Can any one give me some insight ? DONE

·
Genesis OG
2,625 Posts

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Foulers might work to get the light out, or just get a tune and have them turn off the secondary o2 sensors.
if you turn them off thru the ecu tune, and you go for emissions testing will they fail you or will your car still pass?

·
Wants to go back to Cali
1,365 Posts
I run system upgrade headers and you can get an o2 sensor bung welded onto your secondary cats. This will eliminate your cel and mimic what the primary cats did.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,989 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just received my NGM headers and I must say the quality is just not there. Got to get a shop to clean up the ports and do some spot welds. If anyone wants to see I can post some pics. I'm pretty sure if I just throw these on they will crack/ leak. Also the gaskets that came with them are useless. Does anyone know if I can use a new set of the factory ones without a prob?

·
Registered
105 Posts
In short you will need a tune that will turn off the primary cat sensor. No it will not damage anything, your car will just be in a non read mode for emissions if that matters to you, This is also one of the first signs dealers look for for reasons to deny claims if you have warranty.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks. Having an issue with CE light after I installed my headers. Code P0420 and P2098 keeps showing up. I disconnect my neg battery and installed Big Daddies mini cats but CE light cam back on after 60miles. Think im going to try Bosch O2's and see if that helps since I think my O2 probably went bad running with no CATS. Alphaspeed already attempted to turn off but the CE still came back and the car runs rough when the CE is on. Any solutions? I

·
Registered
28 Posts
So I figured out that the code P0420 is for Bank 1 with a scanner which I believe is passenger side 02. I know I may have damage the passenger side 02 but upstream on the header which is pre CAT not post CAT. Going to order and install the pre CAT OE NTK O2 and see if this fixes my issue. 🙏

1 - 14 of 14 Posts