Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've looked around for a while and can't find an answer. I just installed a mishimoto intercooler on my 2011 2.0t which got rid of my hot side Greddy bov. I plan on getting something like a Forge bov to bolt onto the stock location, as there is a block off plate on there now. Until I get a new bov I plan on running a closed throttle surge setup and am fully aware that it will put more strain on the turbo, however, I need a car to drive and will take it easy. The problem I'm having is when I test drove the car, it actually felt really good after installing new o2/downpipe and getting rid of the bov I was building up to 13-14 psi vs the 10psi cap I was struggling to get to before! My joy ride was short lived as the computer threw a p2261 code which is "turbocharger bypass valve mechanical" and the car would cap out around 5psi. My question is did this p2261 code cause the car to go into a limp mode or do I have a boost leak, and is there a way to bypass this code? How does the computer know that there is no bov? Does it have something to do with vacuum hose that I capped off from the original bov? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
In essence what you have done is a setup that,...hmm let me see.----I know, the next time you sneeze, try hold your nose and mouth shut.

Yes it went into limp and kicked out the P2261.
You are playing with fire, besides your turbo, you are flirting with plenum/IM leaks, even head gasket damage. Put a BOV back on immediately.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts