Before

After

Easy cheesy. Now if I could just figure out that side mirror disassembly

Btw - vents and badges on order

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Parts Pro & Lic Mechanic
1,297 Posts
Looks great......I plan on doing the same when get mine.

Duro

·
Registered
264 Posts
did you use plasti dip? and took the bumper off?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes on plasti dip. No on taking bumper off. Took 15 mins to take up and then 4 light coats 30 mins apart.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
264 Posts
oh nice. did you just use tape to prevent the dip going into the radiator?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah - make sure that the tape is "vertical" above and below the whiskers to prevent spraying the radiator. Pretty easy really. The tape job will take you 15 mins. The can will cost you $5 or so from Lowes/Home Depot (cant remember exactly). Each shake of the can will take 1 min. Each application will take 1 min. The rest is just waiting - 30 mins after each layer and 2-3 hours at the end. Other thing I did was take a very sharp razor blade and cut around the whiskers before removing the tape. I learned this after the first attempt where i peeled off some of the coating and had to start over.

Patience is the key. The Alamo Golden Ale helped too. LOL

I just like the look better.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Ill definetly try the taping method. I actually plasti dipped my front mustache and it was pain in the ass to cover the radiator(did it with newsapers). Its been holding up for 5 month pretty well but i want it black now. I actually love how you left the hyundai symbol chrome. Do you think it will look nice like that on white genesis coupe?

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
I still see chrome on the front bumper :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Parabolica Blue 2.0T :)
709 Posts
Everyone's doing this easy mod, and it instantly makes the front look better. I personally got the cover because I didn't want to have to re-coat the plasti-dip if it scrapped off.

Sequence Genesis Coupe FL Grill Cover

Edit: For those thinking of buying it, just note it won't work with the Wing Emblems, I had to modify it to make it work with my Wing Emblems.

·
CH 11 Sec 62 / Basterds
612 Posts
Everyone's doing this easy mod, and it instantly makes the front look better. I personally got the cover because I didn't want to have to re-coat the plasti-dip if it scrapped off.

Sequence Genesis Coupe FL Grill Cover

Edit: For those thinking of buying it, just note it won't work with the Wing Emblems, I had to modify it to make it work with my Wing Emblems.

Mind maybe posting here what you did or PM me?
I'm thinking of getting that grill, and if the Wings don't fit, rather get input from someone who made it work.

Reactions: VAGenCoupe13

·
Parabolica Blue 2.0T :)
709 Posts
Mind maybe posting here what you did or PM me?
I'm thinking of getting that grill, and if the Wings don't fit, rather get input from someone who made it work.
The cover, is essentially what it is, a cover with 3M tape on the back that goes over the stock grille. The problem is that when you put the cover over the stock grille there is only enough room for the stock Hyundai Badge to be able to fit.

Before I did anything, I removed the stock grille...take off the bumper and there's a few screws on the back of the grille. You just pop it off afterwards. I ended up buying Loctite Epoxy Putty:
Loctite 431348 2-Ounce Cylinder Epoxy Repair Putty Stick - Amazon.com
This stuff is able to be molded to any shape, it acts like clay and after awhile it hardens to a rock. I ended up molding a circle so that the emblem could be seated on it. Then I used a dremel tool to shape the putty (after it hardened) to a circle that matched the grille. Afterwards, I painted the circle matte black. Make sure to cover the entire grille with newspaper and only leave the unpainted putty exposed to the spray paint.

This is what it looked like after all was said and done:

The reason why there's no "H" in my center piece is because I dremeled it off as well. I didn't like the "H" at all.

What it looked like after I dremeled off the "H":

Now, a word of caution...this takes a load of time. If you don't want to invest time into doing this...don't even bother. And be careful with the dremel...you can cut your finger off with that thing!!!!!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Would anyone be able to make strips that cover the chrome trim like the sequence grille cover? The same thing just minus the center piece of it. So that way the wing emblems don't have to be removed. Don't want to plastidip it

1 - 20 of 49 Posts