Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Tunerworks does BR flashes.

Not sure what the setup they have is now, but BR has the ability to do remote unlocks on their modules to lessen turnaround time.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Good read. I'm sad you couldn't make it work, but sometimes life is a little more important :)

I don't know if you looked into it or not, but you can get a projector replacement for your lights so your HIDs work properly. Not too bad a price too.

·
| Boost Addict |
400 Posts
Slightly off topic but hats off to guys like Grail1505 and Stryker who have managed to build their automatics. I reached out to them a couple times to see what their CMD experiences were. I learned that setting your boost clamps were important but there aren't alot of tuners here in Calgary let alone tuners that have worked with the Genesis Coupe.

The most important lesson I learned was make sure you have your tuning solution figured out 100%!

I didn't have the patience to figure things out anymore and with the car being a daily driver, I really couldn't afford the time and cost of having to maintain a modded car if things broke. I contacted Beyond Redline to send my module back, and proceeded with pulling the items out of the car and posting them on the forums to sell.
Thanks for the shout-out and I'm glad I could help! Sorry for not noticing earlier but I haven't been on the forum since the beginning of summer, mostly due to the fact I haven't driven my GC since July much:sad: Sad to hear that you took everything off:(

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Good read. I'm sad you couldn't make it work, but sometimes life is a little more important :)

I don't know if you looked into it or not, but you can get a projector replacement for your lights so your HIDs work properly. Not too bad a price too.
Already looked at TRS way before I ordered my HID kit. I know our halogen projectors aren't fitted for HID's but it was just cheaper. You get what you pay for but I didn't expect the light output to be what it was especially given all the rave reviews I read on the forums about XenonDepot's kits.

Thanks for the shout-out and I'm glad I could help! Sorry for not noticing earlier but I haven't been on the forum since the beginning of summer, mostly due to the fact I haven't driven my GC since July much:sad: Sad to hear that you took everything off:(
Thanks man! I had actually considered trading/selling my 2.0T and getting a 3.8 instead.

However, I'd have to get 3.8 parts all over again. Good news is I just paid my car off this week.

Decisions decisions....

·
Registered
62 Posts
Easy. Just get a 2013 2.0t in the same color, and swap your fenders/hood/lights over. Just get a 6spd this time so you can run that big turbo!

·
Break Necks - Kill Egos
673 Posts
Oh man, the things I'd do for a +13 motor. :gc-drool1:

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Nah, if I had take a hit in money by going to a 2013, I would just buy a used E92 instead.

But 2010-2012 3.8's can be had for less than $15k.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yup, the tune is worth it. Keep in touch because I am interested to see if you run into the boost cut that I did.

I started out with an 18psi map and every time I floored it hard enough it would cut boost until I turned the car off and reignited.

Sorry for the late reply but I ended getting my tuned ECU late December. So far I haven't ran into any sort of boost cuts or limp modes. I don't regularly floor it or anything but the times that I have the car has been fine.

I'm debating on getting a Cold Air Intake now. I'm not sure if it is worth it though. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Cold air intakes by themselves don't do much for our cars, but if you are planning a further modding past Stage 1 then yes it will be needed.

You will not see any difference between SRI's and CAI's.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hmm...maybe I'll hold of on a CAI or SRI then.

After the tune, what do you feel gave you the most gains?

I'm not trying to go crazy with mods. I'm just wondering what else I can do to squeeze more power out of it without doing major mods.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Without doing mods per se, I would look at changing out your stock rubber. Having proper tires should help you plant that power to the ground.

I wouldn't consider bolt-ons like o2 housings to be "major" mods but going full turboback would yield biggest gains along with a new tune.

Your option would be to go with a Stage 2 kit and get injectors and an FMIC. You have to mod if you want to play.

·
Break Necks - Kill Egos
673 Posts
I don't know if you have an LSD or not but that would definitely help.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I was going to mention that but I'd say an LSD is a pretty major mod lol.

GO GO POWER RANGERS!

·
Registered
16 Posts
For the moment I took out the stock muffler and put on a camaro style magnaflo. Sounds stock for the most part at idle but has a much nicer sound to it when you get on the gas. Will probably go full turboback at some point though.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.