Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knows if the genesis coupe 2013 2.0t comes pre wired with a connector instead of having to run a wire to switch from non led to led side mirrors.

·
2013 2.0t r-spec
114 Posts
It has the same connectors but the wires from the L.E.D. blinkers are not there. I am also looking to do this and it seems that you just cant run a wire from the blinker to the mirror. Because our ECU learns and recognizes when more power is being sent to the blinkers to power them it will do something. IDK what but that is what my machanic said. I wish I could remember what he said but he is going to have to wire it up through the proper conectors and relays. It seems like a pain buut this is a wiring job I do not want to do. If anyone else has info on the subject and that proves me wrong that would be awesome.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has the same connectors but the wires from the L.E.D. blinkers are not there. I am also looking to do this and it seems that you just cant run a wire from the blinker to the mirror. Because our ECU learns and recognizes when more power is being sent to the blinkers to power them it will do something. IDK what but that is what my machanic said. I wish I could remember what he said but he is going to have to wire it up through the proper conectors and relays. It seems like a pain buut this is a wiring job I do not want to do. If anyone else has info on the subject and that proves me wrong that would be awesome.
Thanks pack for replying! That is bad news it would have been much cheaper without the wire work. Yea it would be a pain to run those wires, ill just have to take it to a shop. If anyone has more information on this please do help.

·
Parts Pro & Lic Mechanic
1,297 Posts
The LED signal wiring it located at the molex connector on the chassis side, but this wire does NOT carry into the door harness.

You could theoretically purchase the door harness for a 3.8L model with LED signal mirrors and it would be plug and play, however these harnesses are $300+ a side.

I am currently trying to source OEM pins to plug into the molex and OEM connectors to enable the wiring of LED mirrors as originally equipped.
I don't like hacking into OEM wiring, and would rather use OEM connectors and pins to wiring them in correctly.

Duro

·
Registered
50 Posts
Duro. Do you know the part number? Or where to get that harness from?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Parts Pro & Lic Mechanic
1,297 Posts

·
ABC with a GC
868 Posts
does anybody have wiring diagram for this? i bought some led mirrors and will be modding it to work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts