41 - 60 of 100 Posts

·
Shut up and take my money
4,726 Posts
where's the other one :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
Just noticed the red lug nuts - nice accent. Your coupe is still one of my favorite setups I've seen here and on FB. Keep up the great work (car and photos).

·
4,726 Posts
You mean my avatar? :p
That would be the one :gc-wmscared0016:
Just noticed the red lug nuts - nice accent. Your coupe is still one of my favorite setups I've seen here and on FB. Keep up the great work (car and photos).
There's a wheel in the picture? Hmph.. :door:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Canon 6D, 50mm.
I was out for lunch and took the camera to get use to the 50mm.

ImageUploadedByAG Free1396204499.415248.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1396204558.186283.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1396204634.223968.jpg

·
www.lam-photography.com
539 Posts
I didn't bother read thru the comments, I just skimmed the photos.

1. White Balance, always make sure you have the right white balance (unless you are trying to go for a certain theme or feel). Calibrate your screen would help.

2. Composition is nice, however, i feel like sometime you tilt the camera way too much. Less is more! :)

3. Mess around with photoshop, such as: Curve, High Light, Shadow, maybe even filters. Google is your best friend!

4. Sometime add in a certain effect is pretty cool, such as drop in sky. It will create a more dramatic feeling, instead of just a bright blue sky.

5. Try not to put the car in the center of your photos.

I see huge improvement everytime you post new photos up! Kudo!

·
POV Futografee
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
^Thanks! White balance was/is definitely a problem for me lol I feel like I have to constantly adjust it, but I still don't get it right sometimes. Still learning the Photoshop thing too. I appreciate the info! :bigthumbup:

·
www.lam-photography.com
539 Posts
^Thanks! White balance was/is definitely a problem for me lol I feel like I have to constantly adjust it, but I still don't get it right sometimes. Still learning the Photoshop thing too. I appreciate the info! :bigthumbup:
If you use photoshop CS6, there is this little pen looking icon, that called white balance pen or something.

Click on the white, or the black.

BTW, screen calibration does make a big difference in how the post process come out!

·
POV Futografee
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Sadly, I only have CS3 lol I've got a friend who's gonna come over and give me a run down on how to use everything in it, so hopefully that will help

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sub'd Sub'd Sub'd!! Awesome thread! Love those VT headlights, especially those accents!

·
POV Futografee
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
^Thanks!

Tried something new (for me)... playing with shadows. Didn't work exactly how I wanted lol I'll have to try this one again tomorrow. Anyone got any tips?

·
U wot M8
1,908 Posts
You are doing good with what ya got. I think you just need like a 50 1.8 and something with some wide distortion to switch up the compositions a bit.

The feeling i am getting from some of these is that you know what you want the shot to look like in your head but you are having a hard time making it a reality. and i really think that is just coming from you reaching the limits of the kit lens.

I could be totally off base, but i feel like i can "see" the shot you want in these, just the lens isn't creating the drama you are looking for.

personally I don't think there is a right or wrong way to shoot, its still art right. I hate rules LOL

·
POV Futografee
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
^haha thanks man! I keep telling myself (and so do other people) that I DO need to scrap this kit lens and upgrade. Just need to quit being a cheap ass and do it. It's funny because I'm pretty sure the idea I had for the shadowy pic was because of one of your pics!

·
4,726 Posts
You should be able to find a used 50mm f1.7 or something similar for dirt cheap.. especially for Nikon. Like under $150

·
POV Futografee
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
^yea I've found a couple. Have a friend here that's a photographer so she's helping me out a little bit too. But again.... me = cheap ass lol

41 - 60 of 100 Posts