Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
IMA G BOY!
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry for the noob question tried to look around for the answer but couldnt find anything..question is can i buy the injen intercooler piping and will it fit with the stock IC? and is worth it or should i just save and get the whole kit?

·
Banned
7,214 Posts
save and get the whole kit, the Injen pipe kit is a waste of money on a totally stock setup because it has a pipe size-down coming off the turbo that pinches airflow for the sake of having a big chrome pipe to look cool in the engine bay.

·
IMA G BOY!
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
save and get the whole kit, the Injen pipe kit is a waste of money on a totally stock setup because it has a pipe size-down coming off the turbo that pinches airflow for the sake of having a big chrome pipe to look cool in the engine bay.
Lol perfect man thanks for the help i guess ill be saving some more.

·
IMA G BOY!
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Its up to you to decide if its worth it. I found them for $280 with free shipping. His dyno shows 20whp but most websites say 9whp and 11ft pounds. So $280 for 9whp/20whp/whatever. Depends on what your goals are for the car. If you go mod heavy you might end up needing an upgrade anyway

·
IMA G BOY!
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
its up to you to decide if its worth it. I found them for $280 with free shipping. His dyno shows 20whp but most websites say 9whp and 11ft pounds. So $280 for 9whp/20whp/whatever. Depends on what your goals are for the car. If you go mod heavy you might end up needing an upgrade anyway
for right now my budget has me with
br px reflash
dp
intake
and i was thinking the piping just for a little more power WORTH IT? THANKS FOR THE HELP BTW

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Id say go for it. You may yield more hp than the advertised 9 with those mods. You may also want to add a short ram intake to your list because the website i found them on says you have to use it with an aftermarket intake, but i dont know for sure because i dont have them lol

·
IMA G BOY!
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Id say go for it. You may yield more hp than the advertised 9 with those mods. You may also want to add a short ram intake to your list because the website i found them on says you have to use it with an aftermarket intake, but i dont know for sure because i dont have them lol
yea im jumping on one soon for right now i have an autozone filter with silencer delete but im looking into the cpe sri...but thanks for the help ima just get it fuk it and see what happends

·
Premium Member
3,203 Posts
I wouldn't waste the money. you'll likely want a new FMIC in the future and you limit you options if you have these.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts