Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
NOOB
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all. I think I'm gonna make the leap. Couple questions:

1) Is it worth moving up to the Precision 6266 from the Turbonetics 6465? Why?

2) It comes with a 5 PSI spring. Does that mean the kit is 5 PSI by default?
2a) If I want to go to 8 or 9 PSI, I need the boost controller as suggested?
2b) Is 8-10 PSI safe for daily driving on stock internals?

3) Should I get catch cans? My limited reading suggests that it's debatable on this motor. Interested in hearing pros and cons.

4) 3" exhaust recommended?

·
Premium Member
16,144 Posts
Hi, all. I think I'm gonna make the leap. Couple questions:

1) Is it worth moving up to the Precision 6266 from the Turbonetics 6465? Why?

2) It comes with a 5 PSI spring. Does that mean the kit is 5 PSI by default?
2a) If I want to go to 8 or 9 PSI, I need the boost controller as suggested?
2b) Is 8-10 PSI safe for daily driving on stock internals?

3) Should I get catch cans? My limited reading suggests that it's debatable on this motor. Interested in hearing pros and cons.

4) 3" exhaust recommended?
1. idk first hand, but from the issues that sfr has had with precision turbos (not tuning. more turbo unit reliability), I assume no.
2, 2a. ANY turbo kit comes with a wastegate spring that is lower than target psi. Reason is the boost controller controls the boost.

2b, 3, 4. since you are asking these kinds of questions, you should take it to a speed shop.

·
NOOB
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
1. idk first hand, but from the issues that sfr has had with precision turbos (not tuning. more turbo unit reliability), I assume no.
2, 2a. ANY turbo kit comes with a wastegate spring that is lower than target psi. Reason is the boost controller controls the boost.

2b, 3, 4. since you are asking these kinds of questions, you should take it to a speed shop.
1. Thanks! Good information.

2/2a: I spoke with a friend based on your comment, and I understand now. Thanks! The wastegate has a 5 PSI spring, so the system will reach up to 5 PSI of boost before the gate trips and bleeds pressure. If I wanted to go higher, I'll also need an EBC. Additional reading on the forums suggests 8-9 PSI is safe for daily use on the stock 3.8 internals.

2b, 3, 4: Half the fun is learning to do it yourself. :) I have the assistance of a friend with significant experience in boosted vehicles. I consider him my insurance policy. But teach a man to fish, as they say.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts