Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would love to see more Genesis owners out at some of the local track days at Laguna Seca, Buttonwillow, and Thunderhill. NCRC has a good schedule so far for 2011 and some dates at Laguna coming up this Feb. If you have never done a track day don't worry, just signup for the Solo group and there are plenty of experienced people at the track that will help you out. If you are interested in hooking up for a NorCal track date please PM me. I would love to get more Genesis owners out on the track and get others saying, "WTF, I just go passed by a Hyundai" :D :hello:

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
*sigh* I miss the days when I'll show up to a drift day @ Adams and people are like. "holy crap! Some kid brought out his Hyundai to drift! You can't drift a FWD!" lol

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would love to see more Genesis owners out at some of the local track days at Laguna Seca, Buttonwillow, and Thunderhill. NCRC has a good schedule so far for 2011 and some dates at Laguna coming up this Feb. If you have never done a track day don't worry, just signup for the Solo group and there are plenty of experienced people at the track that will help you out. If you are interested in hooking up for a NorCal track date please PM me. I would love to get more Genesis owners out on the track and get others saying, "WTF, I just go passed by a Hyundai" :D :hello:
Well NCRC had to cancel the Feb 18th day at Laguna so it looks like Super Bowl Sunday at Laguna. I have had one Genesis owner step to for the day (Pie)... I hope we can get more. If not this day hopefully more soon....

·
Genesis Owner
664 Posts
Well NCRC had to cancel the Feb 18th day at Laguna so it looks like Super Bowl Sunday at Laguna. I have had one Genesis owner step to for the day (Pie)... I hope we can get more. If not this day hopefully more soon....
You should stop by the meet on March 19. you will find more people who are down. A lot of us dont come to the forum

·
Registered
411 Posts
Can't wait :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I am still trying to get more Genesis owners out to the track. NCRC has a track day coming up this Monday at Laguna Seca, April 11th. Anyone interested?

Just got back from 2 days at Buttonwillow. I would love to see more Hyundai's at the track.

Here is a clip from a session this weekend:

·
NDA 380GT
437 Posts
Awesome vid! I think I'd probably need to get off the stock tires and get a BBK before I would try a track day. What's up with the blockers?!? And the one guy that tells you to pass but then blocks you at the turn?

·
Registered
862 Posts
I might go to the one in sac in may

·
ahhchoo
408 Posts
i would ilke to see some small drift/auto-x days around the bay area. would be nice to see some people out there.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Awesome vid! I think I'd probably need to get off the stock tires and get a BBK before I would try a track day. What's up with the blockers?!? And the one guy that tells you to pass but then blocks you at the turn?
I am still running the stock Bridgestone Potenza tires at the track. They grip really well and I passed a few M3's and Vette's running R-Comp tires. I still plan on new wheels and R-Comp tires for the track in the next 3 months.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What's up with the blockers?!? And the one guy that tells you to pass but then blocks you at the turn?
I don't think he liked being spanked by a Hyundai :D. He received a very stern talking to in the Pits

·
ahhchoo
408 Posts
buttonwillow is an awesome track. when i went there they only had have the track open and the other half to the drift people. i had my corolla at that time.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
buttonwillow is an awesome track. when i went there they only had have the track open and the other half to the drift people. i had my corolla at that time.
For the price it is a fun track. Especially with the various configurations available and the option to run counterclockwise.

It is especially a fun track with motorcycles running counterclockwise. I had the pleasure in 2006 of running on the track wtih AMA pro Jake Zemke. Really nice guy and super fast.

Hopefully some of the car clubs will have some more dates soon at Buttonwillow. If not there are a lot of dates for Thunderhill.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thunderhill

FYI... NCRC has a Sat date on May 28th at Thunderhill. I am waiting to see if my other track buddy can go before I sign up. It would be great to get some other Genesis cars on the track. If you have never done track days they have a new driver school for this day and the instructors with NCRC are very helpful... Send me a PM if you are interested and maybe we can get a group of people to go. :D

·
In Charge of Snacks
2,111 Posts
Would love to hit Thunderhill. It's the only big CA track I've never driven. Also, anybody interested in Spring Mountain(Pahrump, NV)?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts