• Too soon too tell

Votes: 41 17.9%
1 - 20 of 266 Posts

·
Banned
3,068 Posts
http://northamericangenesismeet.wordpress.com/

I was told it couldnt be done!
So, myself and The Fatman (FatnFly), have been having conversations about a HUGE meet, that would involve alot of travel for alot of people.

Who would be interested. We have setup a Facebook page for place to leave feedback and join the page to keep updates on. Right now itsall a guess of how it would work. Centrally located spots are negotiable. I have Kansas City, MO for the big city, Kerney, Nebraska, because it hasa drag strip and giant lake nearby. There are a ton of options. Just trying to get ideas. Dates that I came up with are well thought out, but feedback is important. June 9th-16th 2012. Yes I know its a long ways away, but proper planning is important. If we have 500 cars show up, the planning would be pretty in depth. On the Facebook page I have invited certain members from around the map to see if they would be interested in taken control of things in their Sub regions and we will be getting in contact with the other sites.

My hope is the Nay-Sayers keep to themselves and for those who have some ideas to bring them to the forefront.
The key thing here is personal planning on each individuals part. I realize not everyone can drive that far. Then fly out. Someone will pick you up. Hell I will. LOL.
ALL IDEAS ARE NEEDED!

Here is the Facebook link
Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

OKAY!!! We now have sub regions for Canada!!!! Thanks Slider!

We need an individual from each sub region in both countries to be the leader for each region. You will be in charge of managing ideas, and forwarding them to the planning group, also setting a mutual spot for you all to meet at when the trip needs to begin.

Anybody up for their regions?

·
Banned
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
your in!

I have done mileage guesses for our member areas also. The Northeast is huge so, it could change quite a bit, but we dont want anybody left out.
2 days travel max for anybody

·
Ontario Genesis Club
3,356 Posts
can one of the Moderators please sticky this post.

thanks
Andrew

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts
I'd be interested, but I would prefer some where with a true track area or lot for autocross. Not a big drag racer. Give me something to do in between meeting and chilling lol.

That being said, I have worked setting up events in the past for group rates at tracks before and could work setting up an autocross course as well if that is the route people want to take. I just need a hard location to do some research. Let me know.

*Edit* Request sent btw :)

·
Banned
2,327 Posts
I would attend, but seeing as that would put me 1,000 miles from home I wouldn't do anything with my car other than park it once I got there. Breaking my car is fine, but not that far from home.

·
Pillager's alter ego!
325 Posts
Request sent.

I'm up for it. I'm with Bill though, I would like some place where we could setup for autocross. There is a road course in Hastings, NE, which is maybe a half hour or so southeast of Kearny.

Motorsports Park Hastings

·
It is not red. Not red..
5,706 Posts
Breaking my car is fine, but not that far from home.
At least there would be plenty of spare parts around. ;)
Borrow one peice from each persons car and you could build a whole new one!

·
Ontario Genesis Club
3,356 Posts
That's another good reason to use Kearny because it is really close to the Hastings motorsports park!

Kid, sorry but that's a really bad excuse, get Triple A if you're worried about breaking down. Otherwise have a sense of adventure!

·
Banned
2,327 Posts
Kid, sorry but that's a really bad excuse, get Triple A if you're worried about breaking down. Otherwise have a sense of adventure!
Even with AAA Premier, and my ability to fly anywhere in the world at anytime for free, I fail to see how racing my car 1,000 miles from home would be even remotely intelligent.:dunno:

The last time I had a "sense of adventure" my '03 Cobra ended up in the back of an enclosed trailer with the differential grenaded, and I put 600+ miles on a guy's(that I didn't even know at the time) turbo '04 Mach 1 just to get home.

I'll sit back[like a bitch], drink some beer, and watch other people break their stuff.;)

·
Ontario Genesis Club
3,356 Posts
No no, u don't have to race lol, come for the beer, lol that's what I'm looking forward to! :)

·
Ontario Genesis Club
3,356 Posts
I thought u meant not come at all because of the drive lol sorry

·
Ontario Genesis Club
3,356 Posts
LMFAO, funny you should mention that, I'm thinking of opening up a booth there, Backyard beer Mechanic!

·
4th color - 4th wheels
8,829 Posts
if it's in Kansas City or somewhere close I would go lol ... I have family there

/PA FLASH WOW!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
If it's in centralish u.s. i'll for sure go. i'm currently stationed in SD so it wouldn't be a problem. haha

I wouldnt travel more than about 700 miles though, unless it was going to be an epic event.

·
Ontario Genesis Club
3,356 Posts
This event will be EPIC, Moses spreading the red sea aint got nothing on this!

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts
I am sure Tom and I could work South to Southeast (i.e TX and SEC country)

1 - 20 of 266 Posts