1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Meet Organizer
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
If they don't do the same engine (or extremely similar) in 2012 Ill definitely be scratching my head. Seems from a financial standpoint you'd want to reuse that engine in as many cars as possible. Same for the GDI 2.0/2.4... Although I'm sure part of the reason they don't confirm it this soon is they don't want a bunch of "old" 2.0T and V6's sitting on the lot with people waiting for the refresh.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Considering that the next coupe is still at least 6 months away I can understand that they would not want to kill current sales by announcing any new changes yet. Of course that begs the question when is the new sedan going to show up and if it is that far out why are they announcing it now?

·
GenSport Carolinas
3,001 Posts
^^ Very good point. Although most dealerships are keeping a small inventory already, sales would drop significantly if they made this announcement too soon.

I bet there will be some nice deals on 2011 models once this announcement comes out.

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
I'm glad I bought mine back in '09 instead of waiting for the bigger better. By the time the update comes out, my car will already be the bigger better. ;) :woah:

·
Registered
521 Posts
Also people who picked it up in 09 by the time this hits dealers many would be not that far off from being able to upgrade if they want to. They will get to get the next gen in only a couple more years. However with that said I can't see anyone who is informed that is sitting on the sidelines not waiting now if they can. If you wait even if you do not want a 2012 you should be able to get a great deal down the road on a 2011.

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Considering that the next coupe is still at least 6 months away I can understand that they would not want to kill current sales by announcing any new changes yet. Of course that begs the question when is the new sedan going to show up and if it is that far out why are they announcing it now?
this

/THREAD

·
Registered
37 Posts
Also people who picked it up in 09 by the time this hits dealers many would be not that far off from being able to upgrade if they want to. They will get to get the next gen in only a couple more years. However with that said I can't see anyone who is informed that is sitting on the sidelines not waiting now if they can. If you wait even if you do not want a 2012 you should be able to get a great deal down the road on a 2011.
And that is the boat I'm in. My 2003 Tibby is starting to become a money pit and I'm itching to get into something new. I'm just hoping I can hold out until the '12s start hitting the lots.

·
Ontario Genesis Club
3,356 Posts
I am looking at upgrading, and I always said, ill upgrade once the coupe get the 8.

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts
I am looking at upgrading, and I always said, ill upgrade once the coupe get the 8.
I'd be surprised if it gets an 8 with the refresh as the platform is still the same and the 8 doesn't fit size wise.

·
The OG
7,957 Posts
+1.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Saw this and almost cried at first, til I read the autoblog commentary. I thought they meant the 2012 wouldn't have the new engines, by the any time soon. Who cares about the 2011's at the new car shows anyway. Either way, I will have to decide between the v6 and 2.0t gdi's. I hope they make the 2.0t with a track package with blue link. 275ish hp should be plenty with some room to upgrade it perhaps. Just starting a new job, which = more money, so we will see.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I thought the same thing when I first saw the article. On the blue link front I know that they are considering adding it but nothing has been decided yet. I am hoping it will make it as during a refresh is the perfect time to add it and having a refresh of one of their top tier models without it seems silly at best.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Based on the 2012 Genesis Sedan published info, can we assume that the V6 engine output of the coupe will be increased to 333HP as well?

I guess this is a safe assumption as both the coupe and the crurret KDM sedan have a power output of 306!

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
And that is the boat I'm in. My 2003 Tibby is starting to become a money pit and I'm itching to get into something new. I'm just hoping I can hold out until the '12s start hitting the lots.
right there with ya brotha..right there with ya!!!

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Bill I thought I read somewhere that the Tau would fit?
Pretty sure Arvin mentioned it's already been done in Korea when we were are the Dallas tuning day.

Information on the face lift will be released at the NY auto show.
Fingers crossed they don't stick a fugly veloster-esque bumper on it. Seems they're making that the corporate grill for the non "Genesis" cars. I hope they leave it off the GC too.

·
Wannabe Gen Owner
81 Posts
2011 Chicago Auto Show...discuss

So after reading about info released from the show....Sedan R-Spec...very nice but probably too rich for my blood...
GC 3.8L no HP increase???:mad2:

Discuss....

1 - 20 of 37 Posts