Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a isis catback exhaust on my 2011. And I'm wanting to do a down pipe, test pipe, and 02 housing. Ive read on a couple threads that the check engine light will come on if you get the o2 housing so I'm just wondering if thats happened to any of you guys or if its just a couple people

·
Nobody pays me in gum
568 Posts
some O2 housings have an extended bung to attempt at not getting the light.

As most will say it's only a matter of time when it will come on. mine goes on and off for different lengths of time. the only for sure way to not have it come on is to get a tune and turn off the 2nd O2 sensor.

·
SFR TUNED
215 Posts
get a dp with a high flow cat, its less likely to get a cel. CPE and wier tech sell them.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
some O2 housings have an extended bung to attempt at not getting the light.

As most will say it's only a matter of time when it will come on. mine goes on and off for different lengths of time. the only for sure way to not have it come on is to get a tune and turn off the 2nd O2 sensor.
I do plan on getting a BTRcc bolt on tune and if i do turn off the 2nd o2 sensor, what does that do exactly? im a noob on this stuff lol

·
Enthusiast
150 Posts
Get a tune and turn off that 2nd O2.

The 2nd O2 is a good spot for a wideband.

·
Registered
793 Posts
You WILL get a CEL, there is no way around it. Mine comes and goes randomly but like stated before the only way to get rid of it is with a tune.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm thinking about not even getting an o2 housing or is it worth the money? and what kind of gains do i get from it?

·
Enthusiast
150 Posts
I'm thinking about not even getting an o2 housing or is it worth the money? and what kind of gains do i get from it?
You will remove the most restrictive part of your exhaust system; which if you look at your motor is the garbage can size cat hooking to your turbo.

But, if you remove the restriction you have to get a tune otherwise you'll throw cel codes and potentially damage the car.

If I were you I'd start to figure out what my goals are first. Then determine with LOTS OF SEARCHING how your going to achieve this and the best path to achieving those goals.

·
Registered
443 Posts
The primary cat is really choking the turbo,so short answer yes it is Worth it to get the 02 housing,get a tune later on to get rid of the cel

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
The primary cat will likely yield bigger gains than any other change you've made to your exhaust. This is why I'm running an o2 housing (primary cat delete) and a test pipe (second cat delete) with an otherwise factory exhaust/muffler (with quad tips instead of the shaped oem units). Nice and quiet yet still audible exhaust note with most of the performance.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the help guys! I will be getting the o2 housing with a tune :) does anybody have the btrcc bolt on tune with a/t?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for all the help guys! I will be getting the o2 housing with a tune :) does anybody have the btrcc bolt on tune with a/t?
I have a btrcc base tune on my auto with a turboxs o2 housing, and i am pleased with it. It takes a little getting used to, but well worth the money.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts