Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.
I use to have a 2011 genesis coupe 2.0t and my mechanic told me he needed a downpipe if I wanted to replace the primary cat.

I'm confused though, because I got it for him, and he replaced it, but now I am hearing that a downpipe is for the secondary cat, and an O2 Housing is for the primary cat.

I now have a 2013 2.0t, and I have a full exhaust on except for the primary cat.
The secondary cat was removed.

Now I want to remove the primary cat, which do I buy? An O2 Housing, or a downpipe?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi there.
I use to have a 2011 genesis coupe 2.0t and my mechanic told me he needed a downpipe if I wanted to replace the primary cat.

I'm confused though, because I got it for him, and he replaced it, but now I am hearing that a downpipe is for the secondary cat, and an O2 Housing is for the primary cat.

I now have a 2013 2.0t, and I have a full exhaust on except for the primary cat.
The secondary cat was removed.

Now I want to remove the primary cat, which do I buy? An O2 Housing, or a downpipe?

Thanks in advance.
O2 housing

·
Registered
2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 6MT - Silverstone
87 Posts
A downpipe doesn't remove either cat. The exhaust goes:
Turbo -> O2 Housing (Primary Cat) -> Downpipe -> Test Pipe (Secondary Cat) -> Mid Pipe
The downpipe is between the two cats, and it isn't permanently attached to either.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A downpipe doesn't remove either cat. The exhaust goes:
Turbo -> O2 Housing (Primary Cat) -> Downpipe -> Test Pipe (Secondary Cat) -> Mid Pipe
The downpipe is between the two cats, and it isn't permanently attached to either.
So if I already have a full exhaust with the secondary cat removed, do I just need the O2 housing to replace the primary cat, or do I need a downpipe to connect it to as well?

·
Registered
10 Posts
So if I already have a full exhaust with the secondary cat removed, do I just need the O2 housing to replace the primary cat, or do I need a downpipe to connect it to as well?
You’ll need the O2 housing. Most O2 housings can bolt up to your existing down pipe whether stock or aftermarket. A good site will give details about it.

·
Registered
2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 6MT - Silverstone
87 Posts
I personally have a TurboXS O2 Housing. I like it. ISR also makes a good one. Both are very cheap too. I wanna say that an ISR housing is like 200$ on GenRacer. Or, if you are Canadian like me, buy from UNIQperformance. Rob will take care of you.

Reactions: AJ Livefast
1 - 7 of 7 Posts