Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
You got passed by a Girl.
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I get a code for the B2S2 sensor and I look up HMAservice and I find this picture with the labels. So I look at the picture and label and replace the passenger side sensor. Well I figured B1 was the driver side as noted on picture. Well after replacing sensor with a new on from hyundai it says the sensor is still bad. So I investigate further and find out that the #1 cylinder is on the passenger side and from my experience thats usually Bank 1 B1.

So question is do you all think the labels on the picture is wrong?

[/IMG]

·
Keeps Them Guessing!!
498 Posts
Looking at the picture they show Bank 1 on the drivers side. Since you're still getting the code I'd try and change the driver's side sensor and see if that clears it up.
My bad. After re-reading your post you did change that one. Maybe they did **** up the picture!!

·
I drive a V6
4,978 Posts
Arent you running catless downpipes?

Could this be making the OBD think there is a problem?

·
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I unplugged the coil pack on the passenger side first cylinder closest to radiator it threw 301 code for cylinder 1. Then I had Wild Bill provide his cylinder 1 knowledge from timing chain R/R. I have sent hyundai a request to look into the picture as the 2013 V6 is same illustration...not holding breath they respond with an answer.

I'm just hoping the ECU sees it as B1 as passenger side for O2's....

Bank 1 VK56DE on Nissan is Drivers side...FWIW... :p

·
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
was able to pull sensor harness off passenger side secondary O2 and ECU says B1S2 low voltage. So its looking like HMA is wrong.

·
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@Blitz
It appears that the B2S2 got hurt as I had to take it out for SFR tuning event and plug dyno sensor into the DP bung. When I did this the car was warm and when I touched the transmission it was hot and burnt my arm. I then reacted by dropping the sensor a foot off ground and I think that may have caused the failure. Well thats my story at present.....

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Okay, dropping it causing the failer is much better than it getting fouled by a poor tune. A bit of a sigh of relief, I suppose.

·
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Heres the correct labeling of banks but its the CAT code. So Hyundai contradicts the previous picture posted.

·
Registered
67 Posts
mind me asking what is the part number to replace that sensor and price? From my research the
B2S1 sensor part # is 392103c820 ~ $40
B2S2 sensor part # is 392103c830 ~ $40

Can you verify this for me ? thanks

·
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@ drive
yes use a beebee size of anti-seize and my Densos came with a little tube. DO NOT GET THE ANTI-SEIZE ON SENSOR.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just replaced my B1S2, took about 15 minutes. Guess I was fortunate in that the old sensor come out using an open end wrench and minimal effort. Took a page from the princess (above) and ordered from Rock Auto (35.00) got it in 3 days, wire was longer than OEM but the OEM frame clip transferred to the new one no problem. Cleared codes and will now have to wait and see if it comes back. Won't take long I'm sure if that didn't do the trick.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just to be really clear bank 1 is passenger side and bank 2 is drivers side. Bosch part 17533 is a universal o2 that worked fine in my 2010

Sent from my P01MA using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry everyone, I know this is an old post but I just want to make sure Bank 1 is passenger side as I have a Bank 1 02 code showing with scanner. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts