Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My O2 sensors are stuck on my O2 housing. I've tried everything and can't get them off. If I cut them out, is it safe for my car to run with NO O2 sensors. Is all they do tell the car they are there and if Im passing emissions correct? They won't make my car run lean or anything if I have no sensors?

·
Premium Member
40,514 Posts
No. The ECU uses the signal from the primary (top) O2 sensor to calculate the air/fuel mixture. If it doesn't get a signal, you will go into limp mode.

Reactions: RedGen13

·
Registered
998 Posts
No sense reiterating what GenCoupeGeek said, but you need the upstream O2 sensor at a minimum.

Have you tried hitting them with PB Blaster? Letting it soak overnight might help..

Are you using an O2 sensor socket? The one that looks like a deep well socket with a slit in it is the best in my opinion.

Try hitting it with an impact?

I have found that sometimes if you actually try and tighten it down just slightly to break the threads loose then it will loosen easier.

·
Korean Asswhoopin
1,228 Posts
You need to heat up the 02 bungs with a torch

·
Registered
65 Posts
No sense reiterating what GenCoupeGeek said, but you need the upstream O2 sensor at a minimum.

Have you tried hitting them with PB Blaster? Letting it soak overnight might help..

Are you using an O2 sensor socket? The one that looks like a deep well socket with a slit in it is the best in my opinion.

Try hitting it with an impact?

I have found that sometimes if you actually try and tighten it down just slightly to break the threads loose then it will loosen easier.
This and

You need to heat up the 02 bungs with a torch
this will surely get it out. The upstream is expensive the downstream not so much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts