Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i never thought much of this before, but I have noticed a sound coming from my engine bay. I normally only hear it when i turn the key to on, without cranking the engine. I think i have heard it before my engine has been turned on, and normally i hear it after my engine has been running.

it sounds like water bubbling, or pouring out of somewhere. I hear it on the right side of the car, near the turbo area. I have only observed the sound from inside the cabin, not yet from outside or with the hood open.

Is this a normal thing in turbo cars? or should i be concerned?
i saw this thread http://www.gencoupe.com/2-0t-discussion-2008-2012/16002-coolant-smell-bubbling-sound.html
but it doesnt seem to helpful for me. any body have any input?

·
Gunstar Hero
817 Posts
My car had a water swishing sound when I first picked it up. It leaked all over the driver and passenger side carpets, pretty much flooding them. I returned the car immediately and they had it for a couple of days and fixed it. Not really sure what it was but the dealer did give me new carpets :D.

Edit: and the sound only came from the passenger side, as you stated. Idk could be the same thing as mine. I heard it when I first turned on the car and then when I turned around corners.

·
Turbo noob
5,514 Posts
I think mine had a bubbling sound.. but it's been too long since I drove it often enough to remember.. I'll chime back in once it's out in April

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My car had a water swishing sound when I first picked it up. It leaked all over the driver and passenger side carpets, pretty much flooding them. I returned the car immediately and they had it for a couple of days and fixed it. Not really sure what it was but the dealer did give me new carpets :D.

Edit: and the sound only came from the passenger side, as you stated. Idk could be the same thing as mine. I heard it when I first turned on the car and then when I turned around corners.
it doesnt sound like that. if i do hear it, it seems very confined and doesnt seem to have that much room to swish around in. it definitely is coming from the engine bay and doesnt seem to be near the inside cabin

·
Frenchy
689 Posts
I also hear a bubbling sound after driving the car for some time and everything is warm. I only hear it when I open the hood and its around the turbo, intake area. I'll try to have the shop to look at it next time I bring my car. I'm really far from stock so it's sometime hard to know if its normal or not lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
로켓 달팽이
77 Posts
I have the same sound and I've had the car for less than 5 days. It kind of sounds like coolant boiling. But that's just a hunch. No idea what it is honestly, but I hear it after a drive and the engines warm/hot. Have the good open and hear it from passenger side of the bay near turbo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts