Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0t 8 Speed Auto Transmission
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey! I have a weird issue going on with my newly purchased 2013 Hyundai Genesis coupe, it’s a 2.0T and only has 47,100 original miles on it. I’ve noticed a sound when turning off the key and wanted to see if y’all could help point me in the right direction?! It only makes this sound once I have been driving for awhile and the car is warmed up and I go to cut it off. Everything is stock on the car and nothing has been done to it except an oil change before I bought it. Please and thank you! Also amazing site and plenty of info on here, I tried doing some research first before I did my post so hopefully this hasn’t been answered yet.

·
Registered
2014 Hoondai 🏎️💨 GC 2.0T FBO+SFR
99 Posts
There are a lot of noises going on here tho.
Which one are you referring to?
The electrical ECU and TCU beeping after shutting off the engine? That metal Wastegate clunk noise after shutting off? The squeak after shutting off?

The tapping noise when the engine is running? The pulleys sounds?

Would love to help but need more info.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
That squeaking sound right after turning off the car. First ever turbo vehicle so a little new to the turbo life. The tapping noise is just the injectors if I’m not mistaken which is common correct? The wastegate actuator hopefully is ok? I’ll take all your knowledge of these engines if you can? I’d love some help, thank you!

·
Registered
99 Posts
To me it sounds like a wastegate actuator squeaking or a water pump going bad because it also sounds like something that is going around and slows down.
If you could listen around what area of the hood would you say the noise is coming from?
Put your ear to work lol 😅

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I’d say it’s coming from the passenger side if I had to guess, my ears aren’t like they use to be 🤦‍♂️🤣. Too many power tools and not enough PPE over the years lmao. I was thinking a pulley but wasn’t sure? I guess I can do process of elimination? I know the car only has 47k on it but not sure how the two other drivers before me drove it or took care of it but you would think a water pump would last longer 🤦‍♂️. I just bought spark plugs, coil packs (because why not), also a idler pulley (thinking that was it but probably not) and some oil/filter to do a full tune up on it. What would you say go with first? Actuator or water pump? Also no coolant lost, smell or overheating issues or anything but that doesn’t mean it’s not going bad I guess. Thank you again for the help and advice I really do appreciate it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
To be honest don't start throwing parts at that noise yet. Because it can be a money pit. I know it may be difficult to pinpoint the noise without chassis ears. Do the tune up you are doing. Tomorrow I'll test it on my car and see if I can hear something similar and if not I'll ask one of my techs and search the tech help database.
And you welcome bro.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay, I’ll give it some time, I’m going to do the tune up hopefully this weekend if I can break away from work and do it. Thank you bro I appreciate you big time and for taking time out of your day to help. I’m hoping it’s something simple lol. I paid a good penny for it, damn used car market is insane still 🤦‍♂️😩.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey bro anything yet on the noise that you could find in the tech database? Doesn’t do that sound until the car is warm but after that it’s constant, while it’s cold it’s fine? Maybe the water pump like you were saying?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts