Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found an OEM amp for super cheap. I have base audio, obviously it will mount up and from what I see on HMA, the connector arrangement between the base and premium radios is the same.

Are the connections already there or did Hyundai run two different body wiring harnesses?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Its ok, nothing special for sure. If you are going to drive a larger than 8" sub i would get something else along with a DSP (digital sound processor).

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its ok, nothing special for sure. If you are going to drive a larger than 8" sub i would get something else along with a DSP (digital sound processor).
Yes, long term it would be replaced with something proper. The biggest concern are if the plug-ins are back there for the amp in the passenger corner of the base audio setup.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No RCA's on the factory headunit.
The OEM amp doesn't have RCAs. My question is are the two connectors for the factory amp present in the base audio setup?

·
Registered
293 Posts
The OEM amp doesn't have RCAs. My question is are the two connectors for the factory amp present in the base audio setup?
No i believe those will get hooked up via speaker wires and a converter is how that is handled even if the amp has RCA's the Head unit doesn't which is the reason they use the converter. Im not a electrical guy mind you but i am fairly sure after having mine done not more than 2 weeks ago that it was how it was done.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Found an OEM amp for super cheap. I have base audio, obviously it will mount up and from what I see on HMA, the connector arrangement between the base and premium radios is the same.

Are the connections already there or did Hyundai run two different body wiring harnesses?

I have a 2012 R-Spec, therefore base audio like yours and no harness or connectors were preinstalled by HMA. I added an Alpine V60 5 channel amp in the same spot, using speaker inputs. I also upgraded my speakers to Alpines.

Rgds,
Jms

1 - 8 of 8 Posts