Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 2.0t R-spec. Do the factory Brembos come with Steel braided brake lines? Wonder if I should get some or not. Probably going to upgrade the rotors on my next pad change.

·
In Charge of Snacks
2,098 Posts
Mine were rubber, but I have a BK1. It's pretty easy to check, man. Also, if you don't have any already installed, I highly recommend them. They made a very nice improvement in brake feel.

·
Registered
410 Posts
BK2 comes with rubber brake hoses. Braided lines are a definite upgrade, and I would suggest adding Speed Bleeders too, another worthwhile improvement.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet, thank you. I'll definitely be getting some braided lines when I change the pads and rotors out.

·
Premium Member
15,171 Posts
Keep in mind that you will have to change out the ss lines in the future. I mean years or even a decade from now.

What I mean is lines are suppose to flex. With it being in a ss loom, the metal flexes. Over time all that repetitive flexing will cause the strands to fail and loom fray.
Just be mindful about this and check them every so often.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Stoptech SS braided lines Rear 950.51501 $46 off amazon
Stoptech SS braided lines Front 950.51001 $50 off amazon

I just bought them for my brembo upgrade
Very Good Quality !!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OE rotors are great with the Brembos. Still on original at 115k miles.
That is really good to know. Car is close to 60k now.

Stoptech SS braided lines Rear 950.51501 $46 off amazon
Stoptech SS braided lines Front 950.51001 $50 off amazon

I just bought them for my brembo upgrade
Very Good Quality !!
Was looking at those exact ones, glad to hear they are of good quality :D

·
Registered
86 Posts
Keep in mind that you will have to change out the ss lines in the future. I mean years or even a decade from now.

What I mean is lines are suppose to flex. With it being in a ss loom, the metal flexes. Over time all that repetitive flexing will cause the strands to fail and loom fray.
Just be mindful about this and check them every so often.
get them from a reliable place like stop tech ? I say this because i was sold a set (of SS) & they turned out to be water supply lines & 1 blew out catastrophically almost causing a wreck. They looked good on outside but inside was plastic water line. I am not saying all are bad, just would hate to see someone have a problem, if they seem to be too good a deal(mine) inspect them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
get them from a reliable place like stop tech ? I say this because i was sold a set (of SS) & they turned out to be water supply lines & 1 blew out catastrophically almost causing a wreck. They looked good on outside but inside was plastic water line. I am not saying all are bad, just would hate to see someone have a problem, if they seem to be too good a deal(mine) inspect them.
I got them off amazon in the manufacture packaging sealed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts