Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 238 Posts

·
Zosyn who?
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So. Pretty much self explanatory. Make the damn hole bigger.

Ordered oem parts

Forced this sucker in

·
Parts Pro & Lic Mechanic
1,286 Posts
Subed........what's it feel like?, what size is the hole?

I'd always wondered if this was possible, and perhaps in the original design...........but omitted later because of cost/benefit analysis.

Duro

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Zosyn who?
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Feels a lot better. Just took it out for a drive.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,268 Posts
In this parts diagram it shows a bushing on the front side of the sub frame opposite the rear bushing. I've never noticed that before.

Part 62466 part number 554952M000 is the rear bushing, and 62465 part number 554902M000 is the front bushing.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Genius! I've always wondered about this.
What was the total cost of parts?
And also, what is complete list of parts required?

·
Zosyn who?
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So you had to get #55446 and 62466 and the two washers?

How long did it take you to do? 1h?
Yup. Those are the part numbers. Took me over an hour to do. Pain in the ass when you don't have the right tools

·
Zosyn who?
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think a sheet metal hole saw would work better. I used one of these metal grinders.

The more and more I drive the car, the better I can feel the difference. If you're one that pays attention to little differences youll definitely notice this.

·
Work in Progress
6,496 Posts
subscribed.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
hope it holds, My throughdown rear differential mount just snapped after 2 years of use. Now I got a broken bolt inside of differential.

·
I'm really Asian
723 Posts
How does the stock on differ then the aftermarket ones? Wouldn't the bolt snap the same way everyone else's aftermarket one has? Or is there more support in the oem mount that would prevent the bolt from snapping? Or possibly the different grade bolts only puts stress on the aftermarket bolt? If you get what I'm trying to say.

·
Zosyn who?
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's what happens with a solid mount

·
Zosyn who?
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How does the stock on differ then the aftermarket ones? Wouldn't the bolt snap the same way everyone else's aftermarket one has? Or is there more support in the oem mount that would prevent the bolt from snapping? Or possibly the different grade bolts only puts stress on the aftermarket bolt? If you get what I'm trying to say.
The OEM one has rubber that allows the diff to still flex. If you go under your car and look at the mount, it's sitting halfway in and half way out in the cross member. The bolt pretty much nests on the rubber bushing which allows room for flex

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,268 Posts
hope it holds, My throughdown rear differential mount just snapped after 2 years of use. Now I got a broken bolt inside of differential.
Get a left handed thread drill bit 1/3 the diameter of the bolt. Then drill the center of the bolt in reverse. It will probably spin right out after you go in about half way.

·
I'm really Asian
723 Posts
The OEM one has rubber that allows the diff to still flex. If you go under your car and look at the mount, it's sitting halfway in and half way out in the cross member. The bolt pretty much nests on the rubber bushing which allows room for flex
Ah... That makes sense. Wonder why companies can't make the mounts not solid. Oh well. Sounds like a project I'll be doing to my 13.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I came to conclusion that this mod is not needed and may cause more damage to the car when the part goes bad. I got lucky that it snapped off clean instead doing more damages that I have seen in other cars. :)

If anyone wants to buy My used throughdown rear differential mount let me know.. I have brand complete new one and used one with missing bolt.

·
Zosyn who?
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I came to conclusion that this mod is not needed and may cause more damage to the car when the part goes bad. I got lucky that it snapped off clean instead doing more damages that I have seen in other cars. :)

If anyone wants to buy My used throughdown rear differential mount let me know.. I have brand complete new one and used one with missing bolt.
You were using a SOLID mount. Those will cause damage

1 - 20 of 238 Posts