Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
181 - 200 of 239 Posts
Agree

I came to conclusion that this mod is not needed and may cause more damage to the car when the part goes bad. I got lucky that it snapped off clean instead doing more damages that I have seen in other cars. :)

If anyone wants to buy My used throughdown rear differential mount let me know.. I have brand complete new one and used one with missing bolt.
I believe the diff was made with only3 mounts to allow play and save the drive-train from snapping.

hate to bring back a old thread but to any one who has added the fourth oem mount ,how has it held up over time? I know op stated it's still holding up well l, but that was in 2014. any one know if things have changed between then and now?

So I ordered all the stock parts and they will be here tomorrow.

My plan is to clamp a piece of plywood on the back side of the OE hole and use that to guide the pilot drill bit for a 3" hole saw. Then using a 1" solid steel rod and hammer try to flare the opening in a bit.

Looks like the sway bar is in the way so that will have to come off temporarily.

Can any one that have done this confirm if it is safe to do this? Maybe it stiffs the diff much?
elboss Go to the Nitrous on a GDI 3.8 thread and you will see pic's of my nitrous Gen Coupe build .In the pic's you will see the sleeve and OEM C- Bushing installed in the 4th bushing location .Many on this forum know of my build and for some reason do not pass on info to other members that are inquiring about mods that are in fact on my build .Go to post # 306 .I would not use solid bushings on a street driven car , More stiffer than OEM yes but not solid (Diff Bushing),the sub frame I would go with solid sub frame risers bushings only .

elboss Go to the Nitrous on a GDI 3.8 thread and you will see pic's of my nitrous Gen Coupe build .In the pic's you will see the sleeve and OEM C- Bushing installed in the 4th bushing location .Many on this forum know of my build and for some reason do not pass on info to other members that are inquiring about mods that are in fact on my build .Go to post # 306 .I would not use solid bushings on a street driven car , More stiffer than OEM yes but not solid (Diff Bushing),the sub frame I would go with solid sub frame risers bushings only .
The 4th bushing setup looks clean.
Did you weld the sleeve in place or did you remove the subframe?
Do you have a part number for the sleeve?

Yo, Shorttrack,
Have you ever disclosed the measurements on your sleeve for the absent dif bushings?
or were you going to offer them for sale?

TJ

Ah, nm, I finally found the post.......

TJ

Reactions: shorttrack
The 4th bushing setup looks clean.
Did you weld the sleeve in place or did you remove the subframe?
Do you have a part number for the sleeve?
Loosen the sway bar ,traced O.D of sleeve and grind out when close to sleeve O.D dimension use a metal bur bit ,final fitting of sleeve will be with 120 grit paddle/flapper style wheel or stone bit .No removing of sub frame .I made (machined the sleeve myself .Sleeve dimension is ,1-1/2 inch long,3.1605 '' I.D and a wall thickness of .090 to .100'' +O.D of 3.3405 to 3.3605 inches .Take these to a machinest and he can machine the sleeve out in short time .Mild steel or chrome alloy steel is fine . Tig weld in place .

FWIW here are the OE part numbers

554952M000 - BUSHING-CROSSMEMBER MOUNTING5
554193M000 - BOLT
1351012006K - WASHER-PLAIN
1360212006K - WASHER-SPRING
Make sure you get the upgraded OEM bolt ,not the BS re-called bolt (Grade 10)

I measured the outter part of the mount and it was 3 1/8
Maybe a 3 inch would work and then go from there. Shaving a little at a time till you can press it in. If you go under there and look at both holes and compare, you'll know exactly where to stop.
Ditto.

For those who would want a second rear bushing mount . I made a mild steel sleeve with .100'' wall thickness .The I.D. was a average that I got from the factory OEM bushing O.D. The length was the same as the bushing . I traced the bushing O.D. onto the sub-frame and cut the hole to size .Welded the sleeve in place (be careful not to warp the sleeve).Inserted the bushing part 62466/part # 554952m000-the bolt is #55446 ,use off the shelf washer & lock washer .Anyone in the Houston area ,I have 2 extra sleeves made if anyone wants one .Free .
straight forward .

The rear sub frame sheet metal holding the diff mounts is a mere .080'' thick , very tough metal but thin .A 2nd sleeve will make the sub frame stronger in this area and spread the shock load of the diff by controlling the instant down travel of the diff's rear under load .1 of the key mods for my Gen to get into the 11's in the 1/4 .

Make sure you get the upgraded OEM bolt ,not the BS re-called bolt (Grade 10)
I assume the part I posted is the upgraded one as it was what Hyundai shows for the current bolt.

I just got the parts in from Fourgreen. And it is the metric 10 grade bolt. How is the recall bolt graded?

The OE bushing outside diameter is 3.15" or 80mm

181 - 200 of 239 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.