Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a set of fog light surrounds that do not have the chrome whiskers. I tried to paint mine with the whiskers but the paint won't stick to the chormed parts very well. So I want the ones with out so hopefully the paint will stick. If any one can post a link or even part # it would be helpfull.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PRICE! I had found the OEM surrounds on eBay awhile back for $15 shipped but I didn't need them then. The m&s are $185 + shipping. I understand upgradeds but defently not worth it for the price.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
He said OEM for $15. Not M&S.

·
It is not red. Not red..
5,706 Posts
Try HyundaiPartsForLess.com

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts
Word

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
Is there no way to remove the cat whiskers? When I'm done with my exterior changes, I want only black with hints of red. Those chrome whiskers will set it off.

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
Anyone?

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
No because if you look closely, the chrome part actually takes a big chunk of the whisker part. You can remove the chrome part but where it used to be, there will be a big chunk missing from the foglight surround.

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
Lame. Guess that's one more part I'll need to replace. I still don't understand the concept of luxury = chrome. ;/

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Lame. Guess that's one more part I'll need to replace. I still don't understand the concept of luxury = chrome. ;/
You can remove the chrome strips, just that you would need to use body filler afterwards to smooth it out. (Primer and paint would be required also, just easier to replace them)

Chrome can be luxurious, just not on a sports car.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah if u want there to be no chrome u will def have to replace or like has been said body fill the empty space the whisker leaves. I had thought about doing some kind of led strip where the whiskers are but not sure how they would look.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts