Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,470 Posts
That only rules out the switch. I assume it is the ss relay behind the fuse box. in the smart junction box. The only way to see if the BCM is passing a signal on to the SJB is with the GDS software to look at the can bus.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
That only rules out the switch. I assume it is the ss relay behind the fuse box. in the smart junction box. The only way to see if the BCM is passing a signal on to the SJB is with the GDS software to look at the can bus.
would you recommend replacing the ss relay? or would there be any other circuit to test? id really like to diy this, with a bit of guidance :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,470 Posts
I would make sure there is no output to the fog lights on the SJB before I would rule it out. Other than that it is going to take a scanner to look at the digital signals.

·
Premium Member
15,072 Posts
The alternative is to wire them in to bypass the BCM.
You basically just need the harness, but this is all I can find with a quick search. You can maybe ask the seller if they can sell the harness separately for cheaper, but getting the whole thing, you can replace the turn signal switch and the lights just to narrow the problem.

Were the bulbs checked/replaced. Are these halogens or some weird aftermarket HIDs?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
quick update: i got my fog lights to work again. turned out to be as simple as a broken solder connection on the light stalk. i just spliced in a wire in place as it was a bit short to begin with. link below to the fix. its for a tucson but we share the same light stalk.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts