Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Chris
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to share a video showing some footage I hadn't edited yet. Let me know what you think. Next time Brandons Gray Coupe is washed and clean I'll reshoot some video since we changed it up to Switchback Angel Eyes in his tails and headlights, which just gives a way better visual effect overall.

Charges for custom tails:

200 - Cutting them open and Resealing
100 - Black Satin Paint
200 - OEM 2 Stage Paint (any color)
100 - Single Color LED Angel Eyes (1 small ring, 1 large ring, per tail light)
125 - Dual Color LED Angel Eyes
15 - Switchback Type 1 (relay)
30 - Switchback Type 2 Module

Other options include LED Modules, LED Bulbs, modifying or removing lenses, reflectors, etc. I like to remove the inner reflectors to keep the red plastic nice and dark instead of looking like it has white behind it.

Here is a video explaining Switchback Type 2

·
Chris
928 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Fly you do some awesome work bud. Lights look nice

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
awesome video chris i ll give u a set of brand new super lux if you do this to my oem tails :) but my lense on the oem tail lights have little cracks in them so i guess u can replace the lense? or do i need another set of tails

·
Chris
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can do the mods to the lights even if they have some damage, but obviously its kind of expensive to do this and know ahead of time that you'll ultimately never have perfect tails. I'd hook you up for a set of SuperLux though Nikko! I've been wanting to tear into those to show you guys what is possible there as well.

Thanks so much for the compliments guys! I have so many videos I still need to edit and post, and I just decided to stay up late and slam out a few of them last night :)

·
Chris
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I already have 2 sets of OEMs, and I pretty much never use em? I'll just build you a set and sell them outright if you want, or we can just swap, I'll build the set I have, and instead of charging you for the cores, just swap with your superlux tails.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
If i were to purchase on of the sets of tails off of you and get it painted exactly like this with the stop signal left chrome as in the pic.

could you pm me a price with and without LEDs?

·
Chris
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'll measure the superlux box I have here. I can't wait to get those tails to play with man, you guys are gonna get hooked up with new options for Superlux tail mods too now thanks to Nikko!

@renzo088 I can just leave that one part out when painting, so figure knock off 10 bucks from the price of paint. If you just go satin black like in that pic, it'll be 90 for paint, 200 to open and reseal, and 125 for the LED rings. If you want switchback type 1, its 15 for the relays wired up, or Type 2 is 30 for the switchback modules wired up.

I'll post detail on Type 1 and Type 2 shortly!

·
Chris
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I gotta get you a set of the LED boards like this so that you can make custom tails with them:

MORE PICS HERE
I know man, I've been telling you, lol, send me all the crazy little parts you want and we'll both make money once I post my reviews/pics/videos of them. I have some stuff for you today man, the set I'm building for the Hyundai Corp SEMA car is using the Audi DTRLs so I'm making pics and video of both the Dual White, and the 2 way White/Amber versions of that this morning before I ship off the bezels of the headlights and tail lights to Hyundai so they can paint them for me.

Anything you want raw video or images for, just send me the stuff, and we'll both get what we need to sell those parts. Then we all win =)

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
oh boy i can see chris going crazy now lol , n headlights will fit in a superlux box? bc i have one at my house that i m going to use to send the superlux to u so i ll just take measurements n just check your pm's when u have a min

·
Chris
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No my bad, I wasn't thinking about the headlights, just the tails, the boxes I normally ship in are about 18x18x26 I think? I'll find one and measure.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.