Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I'm thinking of swapping out the lens on my projectors, but I need some info before I do this. I've got the OEM "non-HID" projectors in my car.

Anybody know what the diameter of the stock lens is?

And also, will I need to bake my headlights to get the projector assembly out, or would I be able to just pull it out of the back?

Thanks guys.

*edit* I love Google. I found the answers to both questions by doing a google searh for them and found them on this forum. Even the forum search didn't give me this post.
http://www.gencoupe.com/exterior/31172-painted-headlights-plus-real-demon-eyes-p.html

·
Registered
167 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks to me like it would be a pretty involved project to install projectors in place of the halogen high beams.

Check out this video to see what I mean -

Based on the measurements that GCkid gave in the post I linked, I was actually thinking of swapping out the projectors for my low beams, and installing a bi-xenon setup. It will probably be a little while until I can actually do any of this, as work has me pretty busy for the next few weeks, but I'll definitely be swapping out the lenses asap. I'll post before and after pictures of the cutoffs, too.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I am going to guess it is a 2.5" lens. But you will have to bake the headlight apart to replace the frost lens with a clear one.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm pretty sure it's a 2.5" lens, and I've already got a place to get a clear lens, but at this point, I'm considering just swapping out the whole projector for something of higher quality and maybe has bi-xenon capability. The projectors that Jayden posted are probably the ones I'll be going with. I'll know for sure what will fit once I pull the headlights apart and take some measurements.

I have a question though... I was thinking about doing a quad bi-xenon setup by retrofitting projectors into the high beam reflector locations. Would quad halos with the 2 way inner and outer turn signal modules be tacky? I don't want to look ricey or overdone, so I'd appreciate input on this before I actually do any of this.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yup, they were very helpful to me as well. Plus they provide dimensions of the projects. Here is what I ended up with ( keep in mind this is not on my coupe lol )

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very nice. That's a very clean install. Since you've obviously got some experience with this, how hard do you think it would be to retrofit projectors into the high beams in our cars?

·
Registered
187 Posts
It shouldn't be that difficult actually since I have taken apart the genesis coupe headlights apart before. There is enough space to stick another projector where the high beams are.
The biggest concern when doing a retrofit is mounting the projector in a way that you are able to adjust it and aim it. The rest of the job is actually pretty much straightforward.

But a 2.5" projector would fit nice into the headlight since it is pretty huge.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts