Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,

I've had issues with my 2010 3.8 Track Gen Coupe's Radio for a while where it shuts off all connections (bluetooth, CD, etc) and reboots itself randomly while driving. Then a couple of months ago, I had the car parked fora couple of weeks, while I used my other car and when I got back to use it the radio just stopped working. The top display showed nothing, not even the Genesis Coupe message that popped up on start up. The only thing that was showing was the A/C controls. Not even the outrside temperature worked. The curious thing is that while the car was on, some "pixels" started to show up randomly, like in a 30 mile drive at the end you would see the display full of dots from the LCD. But no sound or nothing from the radio.

SO I took it to the dealer to see if it was some wiring issue, but they come out and say the radio is damaged and needs to be replaced. Car is out of warranty due to me being 2nd owner.

The radio is about $1,600 plus installation.

I'm looking at replacing the radio with an used unit where they are around $100-$200 in the internet.

But my questions is, Can I just replace the radio without having to do any programming on the radio after its connected? I ask cause these radios are quite sophisticated and they do use firmware and stuff like that, and I don't want to purchase a radio to then after installing it having it not work cause it needs to be programmed by the dealer or something like that.

Any light on these issues will be appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dont know if its to late but, The Radio are plug and play. Just be sure that you have already installed every component radio needs eg GPS. For that huge price I would just go with the oem basic radio and just install a tablet that theres a kit with bezel and all. Its easy to do and you end up with more, could use things like torque, gps, pandora,etc...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did install the OEm radio and yes it is a PLug and Play deal, BUT....I somewhat got the standard radio, not the Infinity one. It all works, with exception of the plug for the antenna. It is different. Also the radio volume works different. It amps up a lot more than the original one. But all other thinbgs, Bluetooth, etc, works great. and for less than $50.00 I cannot complain. ilwill work something out for the antenna plug. I really dont listen to radio at all soI dont feel Im missing a lot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts