Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So is there a major difference between the two spoilers?
I'm thinking the OEM Factory spoiler is more durable than the the ones they sell on ebay. I know that the oem style track spoilers sell for lot less, but I'm not sure about the quality. The dealership quoted me $800 with labor! lol...I'd rather have a quality made spoiler from the factory but it just seems way too much. I heard of people getting theirs for much cheaper from other dealerships.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have the factory style OEM spoiler and it is exactly the same style wise and if you get a good paint job you shouldn't be able to tell the difference by eye. However, the OEM style spoiler is made of ABS plastic so if you close your trunk the spoiler rattles from the vibrations traveling through it which is actually pretty annoying sometimes. Thats the only downfall, but hey, at the end of the day I only paid 160 dollars with paint...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The track and GT comes with a wing, you can call it spoiler too I guess...lol. I wonder what cause the rattling, is it the wiring for the 3rd brake light or the wing itself.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What the heck, $800? Haha, a dealer quoted me the same price for paint and labor. So $239 for the wing? I'm going to check this out, thanks man.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I have the one off eBay and have seen it side by side to a real one. There are differences. The light on the back is much longer on the real one. Also the location where the two supports connect to the bottom of the spoiler are very different.

I also took a little bit of structural foam to stop the taillight wire from vibrating when I closed my trunk. Isn't a big deal to most people but I am very meticulous with my car.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
FS section ravager
2,183 Posts
For $800 I would have gotten a K2

·
xFa
446 Posts
800 seems a bit pricey..if all u get is a rattle when closing the trunk id go with the cheaper >.>

·
Registered
569 Posts
Dealer wouldn't budge on the price when I was negotiating for my car. I believe it was 699.

It's coming from Korea and isn't here yet.

·
FS section ravager
2,183 Posts
Dealer wouldn't budge on the price when I was negotiating for my car. I believe it was 699.

It's coming from Korea and isn't here yet.
Man, I would have gone to importshark and ordered a Carbon fiber K2 trunk for that price.

Or an OEM style one from them for less.

·
Registered
569 Posts
They wouldn't budge on the price and I didn't feel like arguing after 2 weeks of car shopping & haggling.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have the one off eBay and have seen it side by side to a real one. There are differences. The light on the back is much longer on the real one. Also the location where the two supports connect to the bottom of the spoiler are very different.

I also took a little bit of structural foam to stop the taillight wire from vibrating when I closed my trunk. Isn't a big deal to most people but I am very meticulous with my car.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
How do you wire the spoiler brake light? I ordered one online but can't figure out how it wires in , plus I don't see how to get the old one out...

·
2.0T R-Spec
35 Posts
I don't recall even seeing spoilers on the Track models, only wings.
It is a spoiler because it "spoils" the air in the rear (notice how it is parallel to the body of the car). A wing uses a different method, it directs the airflow upwards (typically angled downward, although spoilers can be angled as well). Both do the same thing, just differently.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The track and GT comes with a wing, you can call it spoiler too I guess...lol. I wonder what cause the rattling, is it the wiring for the 3rd brake light or the wing itself.
How do you wire it.? How does it connect I see the new one I bought has a white electrical connector on the end of the wires , that came with some foam around the,m

1 - 18 of 18 Posts