Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Deffinatley post up some pics when there on!

·
Timbit Biter
1,775 Posts
235/35 up front will work fine. And 255/35 will work out alright as well.

Ill actually be throwing these exact sizes on my oem 19s in the next couple of weeks.

I can't really say anything about 245 up front and 265 in the rear on stock 19s. I know it'd be a pretty big stretch.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Related question...if I am currently running the stock track wheels and tires with 20mm spacer front and 25mm spacer rear, would I have to reduce the spacer size (say 15mm front and 20mm rear) to make the 235/55 and 255/55 look flush?

·
Euntes Pro Fregit
1,888 Posts
Related question...if I am currently running the stock track wheels and tires with 20mm spacer front and 25mm spacer rear, would I have to reduce the spacer size (say 15mm front and 20mm rear) to make the 235/55 and 255/55 look flush?
Interestingly enough, I am running 20/25 spacers as well.

Even though you're going with a 10mm wider tire, since you're reducing the sidewall 5mm you shouldn't need to swap spacers at all.

You will need to run a little negative camber to get everything dialed in for the flush look, but nothing excessive.

·
Timbit Biter
1,775 Posts
Interestingly enough, I am running 20/25 spacers as well.

Even though you're going with a 10mm wider tire, since you're reducing the sidewall 5mm you shouldn't need to swap spacers at all.

You will need to run a little negative camber to get everything dialed in for the flush look, but nothing excessive.

Going from a 245/40 to a 255/35 tire reduces the sidewall from 98mm to 89.25mm...that is a reduction of almost 9mm. I don't think I would be willing to go down that far in diameter.

·
Timbit Biter
1,775 Posts
I definitely do not want to go down in sidewall size. The lower the sidewall number, the smaller the sidewall, and that means less sidewall to "stretch" inward on a smaller rim or outward on a larger rim. I absolutely hate the stretched look of a tire that is narrower than the wheel. I am more likely to do 245/40 on the front and 265/40 on the rear.

·
Euntes Pro Fregit
1,888 Posts
I am more likely to do 245/40 on the front and 265/40 on the rear.
Ah, ok. These numbers make more sense to me.

I've seen a guy running 235/40 and 255/40 on oem 19s. He was dropped on coils and didnt scrub his tires. You could definitely run 245 and 265, but it'd just be meaty.

I still don't think you'd need to change spacers as long as you had a little camber.

·
Timbit Biter
1,775 Posts
Thanks. When my stock tires are dead, I will be looking into this. I love the stock wheels and just wish they were about an inch wider. Someone should start a business that adds one inch of width to stock wheels. Just weld one inch to the inside edge of the wheel...wouldn't even have to remove the inside edge of the wheel.

·
Euntes Pro Fregit
1,888 Posts
I completely agree. There are only a handful of aftermarket wheels that I like as much as my 19s. I just really wish they were in the 9.5/10.5 neighborhood so I could run 245s and 275s all day.

·
(Tony)
928 Posts
I have 19inch OEM track wheels with 20mm front and 25mm rear spacers. My tires are 245/35/19 and 265/35/19. The tire is sticking out of the rear fender just a little bit. But they look really sick at the back. Because this setup makes your car looks staggered. I have a video here in my phone but no pictures though. haha. But i had a problem, Each time now when i turn my wheel maximum to the right, then put the car in reverse, i hear a very loud knocking sound from the front drivers wheel. its like you are running over a rock or something. sometimes the noise is very loud (3-4 knocking noise), sometimes it is not. I suspect that my front tires are rubbing the Spring/strut or fender. Anyone had experienced this before?

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have 19inch OEM track wheels with 20mm front and 25mm rear spacers. My tires are 245/35/19 and 265/35/19. The tire is sticking out of the rear fender just a little bit. But they look really sick at the back. Because this setup makes your car looks staggered. I have a video here in my phone but no pictures though. haha. But i had a problem, Each time now when i turn my wheel maximum to the right, then put the car in reverse, i hear a very loud knocking sound from the front drivers wheel. its like you are running over a rock or something. sometimes the noise is very loud (3-4 knocking noise), sometimes it is not. I suspect that my front tires are rubbing the Spring/strut or fender. Anyone had experienced this before?
How do think they would be without spacers? I'm thinking 235/34 255/35, one step down from yours

·
(Tony)
928 Posts
How do think they would be without spacers? I'm thinking 235/34 255/35, one step down from yours

Honestly, i would say the rear tire would be really a little bit out of the fender. for the fronts you will be fine. If you really want it flushed with the fender. 245 is the best choice. I like my 265s now, even though the tire is sticking out of the fender, It really looks aggressive from behind.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone tried 275/40/18 for the rear on the non track wheels? And 255/40/18 for the front? My concern for this would be the width of the rims. Let me know what you think

·
Registered
3 Posts
does anyone know the official color of the oem 19"? looking to replace one of my front wheels and wanted it to match the stock. thx

·
Euntes Pro Fregit
1,888 Posts
does anyone know the official color of the oem 19"? looking to replace one of my front wheels and wanted it to match the stock. thx
I dont know the paint code off the top of my head, but I think (im almost positive) the name of the color is "space silver"...or something like that.

Gimme a sec. Ill find it.

EDIT: Hmm, guess its called "Hyper Silver"
Page 4, post #33 should have the info you need.
http://www.gencoupe.com/showthread.php?t=25840

·
Registered
3 Posts
I dont know the paint code off the top of my head, but I think (im almost positive) the name of the color is "space silver"...or something like that.

Gimme a sec. Ill find it.

EDIT: Hmm, guess its called "Hyper Silver"
Page 4, post #33 should have the info you need.
Scratched wheel - Genesis Forum: GenCoupe Hyundai Genesis Forums

thanks. looks like some people still have some trouble with the exact color match with hyper silver though. >_<

41 - 60 of 107 Posts