Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Will you be trying a touch up or painting the entire wheel? You'd have to account for paint faiding anyway and a perfect match is going to be near impossible over all, paint the entire wheel and it's problem solved.

·
Registered
3 Posts
im getting a new wheel entirely so i'll probably leave it as-is if it looks close enough. i'll consider new paint if it starts bothering me. =p

·
...4, 3, 2, 1
1,486 Posts
Yes

·
Registered
321 Posts
I'm getting some winter tires for CHEAP but there's a catch, they are all 255/40/18 Continental ExtremeContact DWS. I have a set of factory 18's from a 2013 Genesis Coupe and need to know the following:
1) Will they even fit on the rim?
2) My 2010 GC Track is completely stock. Will I run into any clearance issues?

I did a few searches and I didn't see anything similar to what I'm doing.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Figured this was a good place to post this question rather than a new thread...

If I were to switch from my non-track 18s to a set of the track 19s and run the factory 19" tires would my traction control throw a fit? The diameter and circumference would increase by .4% up front, while out back the diameter would remain the same (.1% increase in circumference but same diameter... don't know how that works, but that's what the tire calculator says lol).

Just kinda considering a switch to the factory 19s since I figure a lightly-used set could be had much cheaper than something aftermarket. Plus it opens up the option of Brembos :)

·
Super Moderator
40,512 Posts
There would be no difference.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,570 Posts
Figured this was a good place to post this question rather than a new thread...

If I were to switch from my non-track 18s to a set of the track 19s and run the factory 19" tires would my traction control throw a fit? The diameter and circumference would increase by .4% up front, while out back the diameter would remain the same (.1% increase in circumference but same diameter... don't know how that works, but that's what the tire calculator says lol).

Just kinda considering a switch to the factory 19s since I figure a lightly-used set could be had much cheaper than something aftermarket. Plus it opens up the option of Brembos :)
It's the ratio of diameter f>r that matters not the overall diameter.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Wow, a lot of info here! The official fitment thread is more for after market rims and is over 120 pages so it's hard to get info from that thread.

I have a simple question with OEM 18" rims- I'd like to put slightly higher profile tires on the rear with slightly lower profile tires on the front to give the car a little rake, or make it look that way just a subtle little bit. Would that throw off the TC and SC? I'm gong to get Garageline spacers soon to make the rears broader too. I like the classic muscle car look.

Something like F 235-40-18, R 275-50-18 but would the TC/ABS/SC be all screwed up?

I've read about people going up to a 285 for the rears, but I am not sure if they have OEM rims. Lots and lots of info.... too much....

·
HL 24
25 Posts
I have a 2014 2.0 RSpec and was looking to move from the stock 19" to 20"

I would be moving from 225/40/19 front and 245/40/19 rear
to
225/35 R20 front
245/ 35ZR 20 Rear.

I'm very new to this so I just wanted to get a double check and opinions.
thanks.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Getting some 235/35 and 255/35 for my OEM R spec wheels Monday. Hope they look good. Kinda want to go with 265/35 but a little scared it will rub.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I am running 245 front and 285 rear lowered and no issues not running stock rims

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ok so I'm hoping someone can check my math here. The previous owner of my car, who I refer to as "moron", put a terrible wheel/spacer/tire setup on the car. First problem I'm solving is the spacers which are not hubcentric and cause me a lot of vibration at high speed. The wheels both have a 40mm offset. I want to get my wheels fairly flush and I like the 20/20 spacer setup I've seen on a lot of the cars on here. Since I'm under the impression that the stock wheels are a 35mm offset, and provided the aftermarkets are the same width as stock, would I need a 25/25 spacer setup to achieve the same effect? Thanks for any help.

Edit: Also just realized the wheel center bore is bigger than oem, gotta fix that too *sigh*

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have a question kinda similar to cliffsta. I was wondering if the r spec bk1 wheels would fit a premium bk2 without any issues? I read earlier in the thread that the bk1 wheels and bk2 wheels differ slightly so I thought i'd ask before I bought them.

Thanks

61 - 80 of 107 Posts